Chapter 1: Another Joint Mission?

Location: Plantation 13 - Mistilteinn

Everyone was happy that Hiro survived the joint operation after that little scare that happened where Strelizia nearly died. Hiro was in peek condition and Zero Two was happy about that. After all, her one and only Darling survived. 

Squad 13 dismissed the rumor about riding Strelizia with Zero Two three times leading to death and decommission. The joint operation with Plantation 26 was a success and the sharing of magma energy kept both plantations operational.

Squad 13 was celebrating their victory and Hiro's survival.

Squad 13 was given a vacation of sorts. They were having a wonderful time on the beach and discover a few old human civilizations' buildings. The boat rows like in the anime.

Meanwhile Dr. Franxx... [Location: REDACTED]

Papa has explained and ordered Dr. Franxx to initiate with Project Breach as soon as possible.

Dr. Franxx: Huh... intriguing indeed. This energy surge is far beyond the unknown, and from what you told me, we can't get a clear picture of it, or any picture of the event.

Papa: That is correct. I have given orders and permission to the appropriate personnel to move out under your command, Doctor. Report to us anything that may be of use to us.

Dr. Franxx: Yes, yes. I'll report to you.

Papa: You may use Plantation 13 and Plantation 26 as a research outpost. Both plantations will move together to reach the location near the surge.

The transmission cuts off and Dr. Franxx ponders to himself. As a man of science, he is determined to go on with this newly assigned research.

Dr. Franxx: Heheheh... I wonder what I'll find under those rocks.

Dr. Franxx speaks figuratively.

[Timeskip]

Location: Briefing Room

Hachi and Nana were given orders by Dr. Franxx to prepare for his arrival and to brief the parasites of Plantation 13 and Plantation 26 about the new mission given straight from Papa.

Both squads arrive at the briefing room, they are not wearing their parasite suits for FRANXXs as this was an informational briefing.

Hachi: We've received orders from Papa to move Plantations 13 and 26 to a designated location for a mobile magma energy mining operation. This will also be another Kissing operation.

Nana: Dr. Franxx will accompany us in this operation as an observer.

Zero Two: Eh? That old man's seeing us?

Zero Two spoke with a non-caring tone.

Hiro: Zero Two...

Zorome: Heh! Maybe that old man's gonna wanna see how awesome we are when we succeed in another kissing mission thing.

Zorome spoke in a boastful tone.

The leader of Squad 26 raises his hand to ask a question.

Code 090: Will there be more Klaxosaurs that we will need to fight?

Hachi: We're unsure at the moment, but given that we are soon to gain more magma energy, we must assume that we will face another threat that may be larger than the transforming Gutenburg class Klasosaur.

Nana: Since we will be extracting magma energy and transfer it to both plantations, we will be attracting Klaxosaurs. That is why you are being informed of this. One squad will be guarding while the other will be put on standby until Dr. Franxx gives orders.

Both squads were on edge after hearing that they'll have to fight more Klaxosaur. Ichigo looked at Hiro. She feared another incident would happen to Hiro. She was glad that he was alive and happy with Zero Two, but after hearing this new mission, she slightly shakes and grits her teeth.

Ichigo: 'Hiro... please. I thought you died during the last mission... I don't want that to happen. I don't... I don't want to lose you.'

Goro notices this and tries to calm Ichigo down.

Goro: Ichigo, it'll be fine. Hiro and Zero Two handled themselves during the last mission. They survived. Trust that they'll return again. As the leader, you need to have trust in your friends.

Ichigo stops shaking.

Ichigo: Goro...

Ichigo looks at Goro after what was said. A few seconds pass before Ichigo speaks.

Ichigo: I... trust you guys. Thanks, Goro.

After the briefing, everyone leaves except Zero Two. Hiro notices this and asks her.

Hiro: Zero Two? What's wrong?

Zero Two: 'I smell something in the air... I just don't understand what it is...'

Hiro: Zero Two?

Zero Two puts her hand on Hiro's shoulder and spoke with the cheerful tone she usually speaks.

Zero Two: It's nothing. Let's go, Darling~. Let's get back and eat dinner together, hm?

She smiles. Though this is just a facade to hide her lingering concern about what this mission really is about.

Zero Two and Hiro walk back to Mistilteinn.

[Scene Change]

A swarm of Conrad class Klaxosaurs and a few Moho classes make their way through the vast terrain of the surface of the earth. Suddenly, some Conrads were shot directly through the core with unknown projectiles. The Klaxosaurs direct their attention to where the projectiles came from only to be met with a swarm of missiles that blow away the Conrads. All Conrads were now eliminated.

One of the remaining Moho classes was suddenly pounced on by an invisible entity, stabbing its claws through the body of the Mohos and through the core. The Mohos tried to fight back, attempting to bite and claw at what's attacking them. The Moho's jaws were ripped apart by an invisible force before the Klaxosaur itself feels the release of death as the Moho feels a stab through its body and through its core, killing it. The rest of the Mohos were dealt with without mercy or hesitation.

The strange thing is that when the core of the Klaxosaurs was destroyed, the Klaxosaur didn't explode into a shower of blue blood. It instead remained a corpse. Klaxosaur blood can be seen coating the claws of the invisible entity. A low humming sound was produced as the entity transitions from invisible to visible.

The figure sticks its hand out of the body of the Klaxosaur. It then begins to drag the bodies of the Moho classes.

The figure picks up a Conrad class Klaxosaur, unhinges its mouthpieces before taking a bite of the Klaxosaur like it was an oversized chicken nugget.

It lets out a low humming growl of acknowledgment. It starts to dig a hole with its claws. After digging this hole, it tosses the bodies of the few Moho classes that could not be carried. It throws the bodies of a large number of the Conrad classes in the hole it dug.

It covers the hole with an indicator that only it knows. It covers the scene of the battle to hide its tracks with the available terrain.

It breathes out what looks like steam before picking up more of the Conrad classes on the ground before moving in a certain direction.

The unknown figure finally found its prey. When the time comes for the figure to eat again...

The hunt must continue.

[Up Next: Reconciliation & The Onlooker]

-------------------------------------------

Any feedback on the dialogue construct?

Feedback: