Prologue

Location: APE Strategic HQ

Papa and the other members of the APE started a meeting they talk about their general business before addressing an important matter.

Papa: I am pleased to see everyone is on the same page. Now...

A holographic screen displays readings of a large energy surge and its location on Earth's surface, though no visual can be found and/or made due to the source jamming all sorts of remote communications.

Papa: These readings were very recent. I have assigned Dr. Franxx to handle this new project of discovery, code-named Project Breach. If whatever caused this event to occur happens to tamper with our plans, then we must act quickly to avoid possible failure. What is more concerning is that the surge immediately ceased after a brief moment of entry.

The council started to chat with each other about the topic of this energy surge until one member brought up a noticeable question.

Lemur: If Dr. Franxx is to carry out this research project, will there be any room for a sort of research outpost in our plans? If not, then I suggest using the closest plantation as a sort of pseudo-research outpost.

Vice-Chairman: Hm, I agree. What are the closest plantations to the surge?

The holo-screen displays a few plantations that are close to the surge.

They were surprised to see that the closest to it was Plantation 13, the plantation of Dr. Franxx's test squad, Squad 13.

And so, they devised a plan to use another 'kissing' process with the second closest plantation as an excuse to move the plantations closer to the surge and to learn more about the event.

Flashback To Energy Surge Emergence...

A large crack on the ground was formed by an unknown source, causing the ground to shake violently. As it opened the ground a bright light with shades of orange, yellow, and similar variants of these colors emerge from this crevasse with lightning and electricity flowing through the air.

A 4-fingered hand/claw came out of the bright light, grabbing the ground as it surfaces. This dark giant stomps down with two feet. It looks at its claws/hands, at the sky, then at the horizon. 

The figure holds its head to what seems like pain and confusion.

It then lets out a monstrous roar after holding its head.

 It must find food. It must hunt.

---------------------------------------------------

Feedback: