Chapter 47

Harry and Draco spent the car ride either in comfortable silence or singing along to Draco's playlist. As they got further away from Harry's house, Draco noticed how the man beside him physically seemed to relax.

Reaching over and turning down the music, Draco said, "this place is special to you isn't it?"

"It is. After everything that happened I needed to get away. I'd just go in my car and drive for hours, not really caring where I would end up. Then I found this place and things just felt better you know?"

Draco couldn't stop smiling at the fact that Harry was bringing him here. It was little gestures like this that meant a lot to him. It proved that Harry actually trusted and valued him as a friend.

"You don't know how much I appreciate this", Draco admitted honestly.

"You're just so easy to be around. I feel like I can take you anywhere, and tell you anything. It's refreshing. I don't get to be myself around many people, so I'm really glad you're here Prince."

"There's no place else I'd rather be Scarhead", Draco replied softly, placing his hand on top of Harry's. "Who knew you could actually be charming?", he teased.

"That would be a grand total of zero people", Harry replied with a snort.

"Good. Save the flirting for your husband."

"Of course sweetheart", Harry replied, pressing a kiss to Draco's knuckles. "Now, I have to turn in a bit, so keep your hand off the wheel unless you want to end up in a ditch. Unless you know how to drive?"

"Absolutely not. We have drivers for that. I think it would be fun to learn though."

"I'll teach you."

"I thought you didn't want to end up in a ditch?", Draco asked horrified.

"I trust you."

They drove in silence for a bit more until Harry turned into a hidden but well-traveled road. He stopped the car, put it in park, and turned to face Draco.

"Come here."

"You want me to just climb over there? Right now?"

"Scared Malfoy?", Harry teased.

Draco recognized the glint in Harry's eyes, as well as the reversed scenario, and he couldn't help but let the Malfoy smirk slide back into place.

"You wish."

Harry helped Draco sit in front of him, and placed his hands on the wheel.

"I do have to warn you though Potter, my 'fine arse' as you like to call it is practically on your lap. Yes, I did catch that comment earlier. I take no responsibility for what may result from that. That's all on you."

"Literally."

Harry looked down appreciatively at the small amount of distance between him and Draco.

"Now, this big pedal is the brake, and the smaller one is the gas."

"I can't see from here. Pull me onto your lap."

"How very forward of you Malfoy. If I didn't know any better I'd say you were coming on to me", Harry said, pretending to be shocked.

"No Potter, I do think it would be the other way around as I'm on top."

Draco's bluntness surprised Harry, and he let out a loud laugh.

"You win. I can't beat that one, it was brilliant. You used to be a blushing mess after my comments. You can hold your own now", Harry said appreciatively.

He couldn't see Draco's face, but he was indeed blushing. That wasn't important though.

"So this pedal is the brake pedal?", Draco asked, changing the subject as he nudged it with his foot.

"Correct. Any time you change gears or want to park and reverse, you have to hold the brake down."

"Can I just try my hand at steering first and you work the pedals? Can you see around me?"

"Yeah I can see. Just try not to move too much. It's not too far off from steering a broom. We'll just start off slow and see how you do. You have to stay on this side of the lines."

Slowly but surely, Draco got the hang of steering.

"Do you want to try the pedals?"

"We can save that excitement for another day."

Harry laughed and placed his hands back on the steering wheel, holding Draco into place as they came around him.

"Fair enough. Was it as bad as you thought?"

"I suppose not. I'm sure the pedals are much worse."

"It can be a bit overwhelming at first, but it's nicer when nobody is on the road."

"Yeah I agree with that statement. Are you going to let me up now?"

"If you want me to."

"It's hardly safe to drive with another person on your lap Potter", Draco chided.

"True, but it also isn't safe to let a wizard with a vague understanding of muggle technology drive either."

"Touché."

"I love it when you speak French to me", Harry teased.

"Je t'aime chéri", Draco said with a smirk, laughing as he watched Harry grip the steering wheel tighter. (I love you sweetheart).

"Just when I think you can't get more attractive you speak French", Harry muttered.

"Correction darling, I'm fluent in French. Now I'll be speaking it more often since I know you like it."

"Salazar save me."

"Not after you killed his basilisk he won't", Draco replied with a snicker.

Harry hissed in response, and Draco shifted on top of him. He chose to let it go. For now anyway. This would come in handy the next time Draco wanted to speak French to him.

"It's just this turn up here and we're there."

"I don't know where 'there' is, but I'm excited to see it nonetheless."

Parking was a little bit harder with Draco on his lap, but Harry managed to do just fine. It's not like anyone was around anyways.

"Oh we should take a picture to commemorate your first driving lesson!"

"I don't-"

Draco was cut off by Harry summoning a camera.

"I don't typically have much use for one, but Remus got it for me as a gift. Said he, Sirius, my dad, and the rat loved taking pictures together. I think I'll start bringing it on our adventures."

Harry got it into position and set the timer.

"Put your hands on the wheel like this", Harry instructed.

They took a few more photos, Harry laughing at Draco's "model" face.

"Can you just smile in one please?", he begged.

"Smiling is overrated."

With a smirk, Harry set the timer, and kissed Draco on the cheek right before it went off. It was the perfect photo to commemorate the day by. They both looked happy.

"Perfect. Now, let me show you around."