Chapter 7

The communication Harry shared with Malfoy was enough to get him to slowly start trying to put the pieces of his life together. Saying back together would imply that there was one moment in time where things were actually okay for Harry.

It had been two weeks of writing to Malfoy, and Harry was starting to notice the positive change in his mood. It wasn't drastic as it had only been a short time, but Harry felt understood. Hermione was due for another visit today, and Harry was a little bit on edge.

"Malfoy,

Hermione is stopping by for a visit in a bit before she heads out on her trip. Just letting you know so that you're not worried if I disappear again ;) I'll write you once she's gone, but don't be surprised if I nap first. I have a very low social battery these days.

Have a good day,

Scarhead"

Draco received Harry's letter as he was getting ready to help his mother out in the garden. He didn't think it warranted a response. He would just wait until Harry sent him something later in the day.

It was crazy how much of an impact Potter had on Draco's overall wellbeing. It had been hard to drag himself out of bed most days, but there was always some form of correspondence to look forward to each day. Draco knew it was bad to rely on someone else for his happiness, but for right now it would have to suffice. He would worry about the consequences later, which was a very Gryffindor thing to do.

Harry was feeling quite calm in knowing that it would only be Hermione visiting. He had even got himself to do some baking for the first time in months, maybe even years. Hermione was filling him in on everything that was happening with Fred, the other Weasleys, and her trip.

What he loved about Hermione was how she was helping him come up with new ways to communicate easier instead of looking down upon him for how he was dealing with everything. It was always nice to have a supportive friend in your corner.

He was packing the dessert away for Hermione to take with her, as well as some extra for the Weasleys when Ron burst through his door.

"Harry!- Hermione? What are you doing here? I thought you were shopping?"

"I was."

She held up the bags as proof.

"I told you I would probably stop by to see Harry on my way back. I was just on my way out actually. He did some baking and was packing it away", she gestured to the kitchen.

"Oh. makes sense."

Harry gestured to Ron and the door, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh yeah! Fred is awake! I wanted to let you know."

Grinning, Harry pulled Ron into a hug.

"That's amazing!"

"You're going to come with me to see him, right Mione?"

"Of course I will!"

She walked into the kitchen and packed the containers away into her bag.

"Are you coming, Harry?", she asked.

Before Harry could nod, Ron cut him off.

"Erm, I don't know how good of an idea that is. What with Saint Mungo's being so crowded and everything and you being well... you. We can schedule a time for you to come and see him yeah?"

Harry barely nodded when Ron rushed out the door, dragging Hermione with him. Feeling dejected, he dragged himself into the kitchen and packed a container of dessert for Malfoy too, seriously considering removing Ron from the wards.