Chapter 11

Regulus laid on Evan's lap as Evan laid in Barty's. Evan had leant Regulus a book of poetry, all by an American author with the name of Edgar Allan Poe. Regulus had heart of him but he didn't find him all that interesting. As of that moment he was reading Poe for the sole reason of boredom.

If you told Regulus that he would be lying on his friends' lap just a mere three days ago he would've thought that you were delusional. But now he has friends, good friends, and he was more than happy. He knew his parents didn't like the Rosiers, especially after not being invited to the family breakfast, but that didn't stop Regulus from being friends with them. For the first time in his life he had something worth living for. They were his friends and he wasn't leaving them.

"What would you guys do if we were all worms?" Evan randomly questioned.

Regulus pressed his mouth in a thin line, closing his eyes, and furrowing his brows. Barty just bit his tongue.

With a lack of customers it was no wonder thar the boys were all bored. For Regulus this meant reading, for Barty this meant getting high or sleeping, and for Evan—it's always Evan—that means it's time to ask questions. Evan believed it was fun to ask questions that make zero sense, only for the pure psychological answer. Evan always loved psychology. If he ever went down the right path it would be no doubt that he'd use psychology to get an advantage.

"Cut my body in half so there's two of me," Barty replied.

"That's rather painful," Regulus notes. He turns the page of the poetry and tries to read the lines only to continuously get distracted.

Regulus didn't entirely enjoy reading Edgar Allan Poe, he found it more pleasant to read someone like Jane Austin. At least those ones were garnered a happy ending. He always wanted one.

"Actually," Barty leaned over, tapping Regulus' book, "worms can't feel anything. I'd be an army of me."

Evan looks into Barty's eyes lovingly. Barty smiles at him and almost leans down to kiss him with Evan scolds his intelligence. "Cutting a worm in half doesn't make two worms. Didn't you rank number one in OWLs and NEWTs?"

Barty frowns. "Wait—like genuinely?"

Evan laughs. He boops Barty's nose. "Yes."

"Barty learns about worms, Part 1," Regulus jokes. He turns the page. He barely took in what he read.

Barty smacks Regulus' book. "You didn't even know worms existed!"

Regulus knew worms existed, what in tarnation was Barty going on about? What kind of person didn't know about worms? Worms that Regulus could see just by standing outside. They were like salt in a kitchen. Barty may have been projecting.

"I know worms exist, Barty," Regulus snapped. He flung his hand back to hit Barty but he missed.

"Don't hit me!" Barty groaned.

"I didn't hit you." Regulus rolls his eyes, closing the book. "You know if you picked up a book once in a while then—"

Barty takes the book out of Regulus' hand. "Excuse me, Regulus," he mocked. "I've read the books you've read and—"

"I was reading that."

"You closed it!" Barty held up the book in his hands. He waved it around like a maraca.

"Could you grow up—"

"I'm probably older."

"Older doesn't define the moron you are," Evan says, chiming in.

"Shut up, Rosier," Barty mispronounces his boyfriend's name.

"It's Rosier," Evan pronounces with perfect French fluidity.