Chapter 6

a/n: remember this is a mature for a reason 🫡 this chapter is the reason

Evan was working today. Weirdly enough, he didn't have a shift. He was only there to be there. Regulus found it hilarious as Evan was pretty much just sleeping on Barty the whole time.

Evan Rosier was an attractive man, Regulus had to admit. He had blonde curly hair. It was a mess, no specific direction it was supposed to go, like an untamed bush. His hair was cut short in the sides, showing off his natural brown hair color, yet the long bits on top spiked everywhere. It was frizzy. His skin was tan, contrasting with his blue eyes. He was wearing a hoodie. It was significantly colder in the shop.

Evan sat up from Barty's lap and opened up a bag of acid pops. He put it in his mouth before taking it out and telling Barty he'd like it. Barty opened his mouth and took the pop. Evan smiled, asking if he liked it. Barty nodded. Evan hugged Barty from behind, switching their cuddling position. Barty leaned against Evan. Regulus truly wondered how long they've been friends.

Mondays were never busy so there didn't need to be three workers on deck.

Regulus stood up from the floor. He made his way to the break room, revenging around and looking for things to do. He found Evan's stack of random American items and grabbed the Uno card game. He made it back to the counter, sitting down in his seat. Evan was nearly asleep, his head leaning on Barty's.

James was the only friend that acted that way with him.

"Ooo," Barty barely finished his acid pop. The stick was still in his mouth. "Uno?"

Regulus opened the box and looked at the weirdly long list of instructions on how to play the game.

"It's American, I assume."

Evan looked up from Barty's hair and smiled. "Oh! Yes, I got those in America. Some girl thought I was attractive and gave it to me as a token of affection."

Barty frowned. He turned his head, face to face with Evan. Their eyes were locked. Evan just smiled at him. He looked tempted to do something but Regulus didn't know what. It felt like he was intruding. He wasn't friends with them, of course he'd feel like he was third wheeling the boys friendship.

"What?" Evan asked innocently.

"I'm hoping you didn't-"

Evan cuts Barty off. "Oh no, mon chou." My sweetie. "I just took the game and left. Père and I play it sometimes."

Evan rolled his eyes but then smiled. Regulus didn't notice when their mouths touched. He was trying to figure out what a skip was. When he looked up, Evan and Barty were sitting next to each other.

Evan leaned over and took hold of the cards. He separated them into two piles and pressed his fingers on the ends, his thumbs touched the other ends of the cards, mixing the decks together. He did this a few times before setting them down in front of the trio.

"Here's how you play," Evan separated the cards.

***

James didn't come in that day.

Regulus was stuck keeping in contact with Barty and Rosier. He didn't complain. Though he knew his mother would despise any contact he made with the two, he already knew he wasn't what she wanted as a child. He enjoyed spending time with his coworkers. They were fun people. Evan was a massive flirt, and Barty was often the victim to these actions. Barty was a relaxed guy but he was also slightly mental. Overall, Regulus enjoyed spending time with them. It was no wonder his mother would've made him cut them off.

One detail about the two would have been the main reason his mother made them all stop being friends.

After a few games of Uno, Barty had to go to the loo. He asked Evan to tag along. This wasn't all that odd as Regulus wasn't friends with either of them. He enjoyed the small limited friendship they all had before they went off.

It was only a few minutes before Regulus realized he had to use the loo as well. He got up from the floor, putting a sign up on the door saying "back in five minutes". Regulus made his way to the bathroom, opening the door to see the most horrid sight ever.

Evan and Barty's trousers were lifted enough to show their bodies. Evan was holding onto Barty, Barty's legs wrapped around Evan's torso. Evan Rosier was inside Barty Crouch Jr.

Regulus' eyes widened and he slammed the door shut. He immediately threw the "out of order" sign on the door before making his way back to the counter. He was stunned to say the least. He didn't realize Evan and Barty were...

The two of them walked out of the bathroom, taking the sign with them. Barty had a slight limp yet he was able to walk fine. They sat down in front of Regulus, both faces bright as tomatos.

"Black," Evan finally said.

"Rosier," Regulus replied.

They didn't say anything for a few more moments.

"Was that the work things?" Regulus asked.

Barty snorted. He composed himself. "I-Yes."

Regulus cleared his throat.

"Are you..." Evan began.

"I also fancy men but..." Regulus took a deep breath. "Please lock the doors."

Barty nodded. "Will do."

They always locked the doors after this day. The beginning to their friendship. No one would know about what Regulus walked in on until 2014, the day queer marriage was legalized in Britain. That was the year Barty and Evan would marry, and the year Regulus finally exposed what they had done at the Rosier Ice Cream store, in front of their friends, and with permission.