Your melody - 2 (Jungkook)

You walked towards the river with your guitar on your back. You spotted Jungkook at the place you were sitting yesterday.

Y/N: Hi!

You sat beside him.

Jungkook: Oh, you're here.

You chuckled.

Y/N: Thanks for telling me, I thought I was still home.

Jungkook: A bit cocky, aren't you?

He narrowed his eyes at you. You smiled at him cheekily.

Y/N: Only when I talk to people.

He chuckled at your behavior. You removed your guitar from its bag and took a pick and handed it to him.

Jungkook: What am I supposed to do?

He was confused.

Y/N: Try to use it.

Jungkook: I thought you were going to teach me.

Y/N: Alright, place it on your lap.

He placed the guitar under his armpit and let his huge hand fall over it. You chuckled.

Y/N: Are you choking it?

Jungkook: You're supposed to teach me, not make fun of me.

He had a visible pout on his face. You lifted his hand and adjusted the guitar on his lap and adjusted his hands on both sides.

Y/N: That's how you hold it. Let the curve sit on your leg and hold the neck with your left hand and rest your right elbow on the body of the guitar this way.

You started teaching him the basics and he listened intently.

Y/N: Now I'll tell you about the type of chords since you don't know much about music-

Jungkook: I'm familiar with all of the chords, major and minor, flat and sharp, from A to G.

You were surprised by his knowledge. But as if he read your mind he answered you.

Jungkook: I'm interested in music and I even know how to read sheet music, it's just that people at school don't know about it since we don't have music classes.

You nodded your head in understanding.

Y/N: Then I'll start teaching you the formation of the chords. Let's start with the easiest one, E minor. Here give me the guitar, I'll show you.

You took the guitar and showed him which strings he was supposed to press.

Jungkook: Okay, like this?

He pressed his fingers on the fret board instead of the strings so you took his hand and positioned his fingers on the strings. These simple touches were new to you but you ignored it and focused on teaching him.

Y/N: Now you can strum using all the strings for this chord however for other chords you might have to avoid one or two strings.

---------

Days went by as you kept meeting at the river and kept teaching him how to play the guitar.

Y/N: Okay, I'm playing the song. You remember the sequence right?

Jungkook: C, G, F, Am!

Y/N: Cool and the strumming pattern?

Jungkook: You ask too many questions, just play the song. I'm eager to play along with the song.

You chuckled as you played the song and he played the guitar along with it.

-----------

You would act like you don't know him in school, but he would pass secret glances at you and wink at you occasionally when you would pass each other on the corridors. You both got closer as days went by without you noticing and he wasn't complaining either.