Chapter 6: THE CHANCES

Chapter 6: The Chances

|AZAMI|

"Tell me," he repeated in a low, husky voice, almost a whisper, his gaze unwaveringly fixed on me.

Pinatingala niya bigla 'yung ulo ko sa pamamagitan nang paggalaw ng kutsilyo na nasa leeg ko. I feel like my heart is in a race with my breath as he threaten me like I did something very wrong and not suitable for his eyes. And there I saw his hand again with fingerless punk black gloves and a spike leather bracelet. I also noticed his left ear piercing and chain necklaces that create a captivating look.

I activated my peripheral vision as he rested his arm on the tree, sensing his leg inching closer to my hips. I felt almost immobilized. His left hand adorned a silver metal skeleton hand bracelet, captivating and holding my attention effortlessly.

Hindi ako makahinga.

Nabitawan ko 'yung singsing na nakita ko. I saw his eyes shifted to it and he got it while maintaining the knife on my neck. Sumasakit na 'yung leeg ko.

"Why did you save me!" nagkalakas loob ko nang sabi. Nanliit 'yung mga mata niya bago ako bitawan. I took the moment of my chance to catch my breath as soon as possible. I saw him wear the ring and I realized it was his.

"Hindi kita niligtas." sabi niya habang sa nakatalikod na. There was silence as I was driven with wonder. He stopped moving forward before speaking again.

"I killed him because he had stolen something from me. My weapon, it has nothing to do with you or with saving." he explained kaya napakunot ang noo ko sa mga narinig. I pursed my lips out of embarrassment and the akward feeling inside of me.

Right. Bakit naman niya ako ililigtas? I just assumed that he saved me! I didn't dig deeper into the details.

I decided to move my arms upang makawala na sa mga palaso na'to. Napunit-punit 'yung jacket ko habang sa kinukuha ko tuloy.

How could he manage to only shoot my jacket? Not a trace of my skin was scraped. I decided to just take it off and that left me expose the uniform I'm wearing. I looked at his back intently as the questions grew inside of my mind.

"Alam kong isa lamang akong estranghero at wala akong karapatang magtanong nito. Pero bakit ko pa palampasin itong pagkakataon? Sino ka at bakit hindi ka kasali sa laro?" his back got tensed as he looked at me again. Hindi ko alam kung paano ako nagkalakas loob na kausapin siya muli.

"Baguhan ka lang, wala kang alam." mariing sabi niya kaya mas kumunot ang noo ko.

"You're just like him, aren't you?" bigla siyang lumapit sa'kin at bahagyang napataas ang isang kilay.

"What are you implying?" he asserted as his eyes conveyed intense curiosity about what I was going to say.

"You're a devil." I saw his brows loosen up as he let out a small chuckle. Hindi ko alam kung bakit siya napatawa sa mga sinabi ko. All I know is I wanted answers.

"How so?" he asked again, now arms crossed looking at me, amused. I swallowed hard.

"You killed, Ashley." I started to move backwards when he let out a mischievous smirk. Sabing hindi maganda to, wrong move!

Humakbang siya papunta sa'kin at kinilabutan ako nang hawakan niya bigla ang ulo ko habang sa inilapit ang labi sa may tenga ko. "Well, what do you think?" he whispered softly, and that sensation sent electricity through my whole body.

"Do you wanna be the next to explode?" he whispered again, and I could feel that he's smirking while saying those words to me. His voice says it all! Napakuyom ako ng kamao as my heartbeat speeding up rapidly.