"Next!"

"... you may not be served creamy biscuits."

"Well, I know what we are being served," Lloyd responds. "A whole bunch of baloney. This isn't a fighting tournament. It's an alibi for Chen to steal everyone's powers. But we still don't know why."

Y/n snickered before the two turn to her. "No, no. It's serious. I'm just thinking how funny it would be if Chen stole my powers. Imagine him not knowing how to fly and smacking into walls everywhere."

Kai shook his head at his sister. "Isn't it obvious?" He asks Lloyd. "Chen wants to destroy New Ninjago City. I don't know what it is, but that place has a string of bad luck."

"First, we had the Great Devourer, then the Overlord in physical form, then the Overlord again in digital form," Y/n comments. "At least this time, it's a new villain and not the Overlord again. He can only entertain me so much."

"I'm not so sure," Cole says. "From what Sensei G's told us about him, I have a feeling it's something much more sinister."

"And may I remind us, we still don't know where Zane is," Jay says. "Which is why we all need to take care of our first rounds to give us more time. Don't look at me. I've already moved on."

"Your opponent got him kicked out," Cole comments.

"Hehe, either way, it's my day off," Jay says before turning to the warrior. "Extra creamy biscuits. And don't skimp," He says before they walk away.

"Taking a day off?" Cole asks. "And here I thought ninja never quit."

"And I used to think a ninja wouldn't steal your girlfriend," Jay shot back.

"Stop being so immature and focus at the task at hand," Y/n scolds them.

"Whatever you have to say to each other, say it now, because harboring grudges hurts no one but yourselves," Garmadon adds.

"He's right. You should be preparing to fight your next opponent, not each other," Lloyd tells them.

"What grudge?" Cole asks. "I already dropped it."

"I dropped it first," Jay argues.

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

The continued arguing to the point that Jay dropped his biscuits and drink. Y/n sighs, rubbing her temples in annoyance.

"The tournament will test them, " Garmadon tells the two leaders. "Either find a way for them to make peace, or neither of them will move on."

"The Touranament of Elements continues," Chen cheers through the infocomm. "Fun time! Would the following Masters please make their way to their assigned arena? Spped, Gravity, Smoke, Nature, Mind, oh, and last but hopefully not least..."

"Huh, maybe we all got the day off," Jay comments.

"... Fire!" Chen cheers as Kai gasps. "Remember, only one can remain."

The matches went according with winner and loser. Neuro and Bolobo. Griffin and Gravis. Kai and Ash. Back at the palace, after the day of nerve-wrecking matches with way too many close calls, everyone watched Chen's kabuki perform for them.

"Master, it was the ninja who snuck into our ceromony, yet we allow them to move forward," Clouse tells Chen. "I beg you, let me use my sorcery and put an end to this."

"We'll use your magic in time," Chen responds. "But not now. Not when there are other ways to whittle them down. Perhaps, it's time to switch things up."