Chapter 10

"You must do everything in your power to stop the Great Devourer. Go, Ninja, go! Yes," Wu says before his students watch as he and Pythor get swallowed by the gigantic snake. 

"Sensei," Kai says.

"No," Jay says as the Devourer roars and turns to them. "Oh, maybe if we stand perfectly still..."

"Run!" Kai says.

Jay trips. "Wait! Wait for me!" He screams.

"Fire up the engines. I said fire up the engines!" Nya says.

"But, there's no wind," Y/n says.

"And we only have reserved fuel," Lloyd adds.

"Use it," Nya says as the Ninja make it to the Destiny's Bounty. 

"Uh, hate to tell you this, but objects in the mirror are closer than they appear," Jay informs.

"Working on it. Blasters on full," Nya says as they take off.

"Whoo-hoo!" Kai cheers. "Take that, you stupid snake."

"Uh, I think it heard you," Jay says, watching the snake.

"Nya, we gotta go faster. That thing is gaining on us."

"We're going as fast as we can. I'll try to make it to Scattered Canyon."

"Probability of us making it that far is less than 8 percent," Zane states.

"Never tell me the odds!"

"It's coming in for another attack. Portside," Cole says as the boat turns.

"We're losing speed. We'll drop to the ground pretty soon," Lloyd informs.

"Throw everything overboard," Nya instructs.

"What?"

"We need to lose some weight."

"Portside!" Lloyd yells as the ninja throw stuff overboard.

The Devourer consumes all the abandoned objects, growing to be much bigger.

"Man, he sure is hungry. Does anyone else think the Devourer looks bigger than it did before?" Jay asks, making sure that he wasn't seeing things.

"The more it consumes, the bigger it gets. Don't throw anything else overboard," Cole says.

"Phew. We made it to Scattered Canyons. Hold on!"

"Ah, we lost him," Cole says as the Devourer slices off an engine.

"Oh, come on. You stupid snake!" Y/n groans.

"Abandon ship!" Nya says.

"Goodbye, old friend," Zane says as everyone jumps off and the Devourer consumes the whole Bounty without hesitation.

Y/n and Lloyd jump off and onto Nya's Samurai mech. Lloyd holds onto Y/n's waist as they fly in the air. Everyone then drives or flies away from the enormous snake, hiding in a cave.

"No!"

"Unh, it's gone," Cole comments as the snake disappear.

"Oh, that was too intense. All that action makes you so thirsty," Kai says.

"You can get off now," Y/n whispers as they blush, Lloyd helping Y/n up.

"There's no time to rest. We need to warn people before it becomes bigger," Zane says.

"Bigger? Bigger!?" Jay yells. "That thing in one big bite crushed our entire ship! We need to save as many as we can. Uh, uh, we'll find some kind of refuge, somewhere safe to hide. Ooh, the Serpentine Tombs. Yeah, they're underground. Sure, we'll be without sunlight for months, but they're perfect," Jay rants.