Chapter 16

"Don't rely on your eyes. Use your ears," Cole says as a blindfolded Y/n reaches out for a blindfolded Lloyd's wrist.

"Just so I don't punch you," She says.

"Uh, guys, I'm teaching a class later, so I'd appreciate a clean dojo," Dareth says.

From the sound of the weapons, Y/n could tell that Jay and Zane was in front of her while Cole and Kai were behind her.

They ignore him and continue fighting. They heard them walking forward, followed by the sound of metal slicing through the air as they dodged by jumping. Y/n flipped forward before kicking Jay towards were Dareth's collection of fake trophies. Lloyd kicks away Zane's shurikens and catches Cole's scythe before Y/n kicks away her brother's sword. She then ducks as Lloyd uses the scythe to spin and kick the ninjas. He barely dodges Jay and Kai's weapons and Y/n, locating Jay's voice, kicks him towards a window as Lloyd kicks down Kai and Zane.

"Ah! No, no, no! No, no, no! No! No, no, no," Dareth says as he opens a window to prevent Jay from breaking it.

"Ah!" Jay yells in pain.

Lloyd then used his fire powers to set the carpet on fire.

"No, no, no, no!" Dareth screams as he puts out the fire by stomping on it before sighing in relief.

"Hey, open the window! Let me in!"

Back at the Destiny's Bounty, Wu was looking at a picture of him, Misako and a pale Garmadon from the past. Misako enters the room and unexpectedly scares Wu.

"I'd forgotten how pale Garmadon was before his change to evil was complete," She says as Wu gets a scare.

Wu then puts the picture in his hat. "Misako, once again, you slip through my defenses."

"I'm sorry," She apologizes. "I didn't mean to pry. I brought my research on the prophecy of the Green and Purple Ninja. I thought maybe we could go over it together."

Wu accidentally drops the scrolls. "Hmm, my. There's so much. It will take days," He says as he picks up them.

"I should have chosen you," Misako says.

He sighs. "The past is the past," He says.

"Yes, but there is always the future," Misako says as the ground rumbles.

"The ground moves. I fear unnatural causes," Wu says as they rush to the dojo.

"NGTV reporter Gayle Gossip on the scene of what appears to be an earthquake rocking the city of Ninjago. But it's an earthquake like no other, as scientists have yet to pinpoint the cause. And more frightening still, the aftershocks are getting stronger."

"What do you think this could be?" Cole asks.

"Wouldn't be surprised if it was Garmadon," Kai says. "We haven't seen him for a while."

"No," Y/n says. "Garmadon would never want to harm Lloyd."

Misako agrees. "Lloyd's father is evil, but he would never do anything to put his son in harm's way."

"Misako's right. He only tried to thwart his training. This is something else," Wu says.

"But what is it?" Jay asks.

Zane whistles and summons his falcon. "My friend, be my eyes and look for danger in the streets from above."

"Drill, baby, drill!" Skales says underground as a drop of Devourer venom touches his arm. "Ugh! Disgusting! This infernal Devourer's venom has seeped everywhere!" He says as he bumps into Snike. "Ugh. Why are we stopping?"