57

The mood was awkward. San, Wooyoung and his mom were currently sitting around the kitchen table, staring at the various dishes in front of them and impatiently waiting for Wooyoung's dad to come home from work because Hanna insisted on it.

It was dead silent at the table. Nobody said a word, simply because nobody could think of an appropriate topic to bring up now.

Luckily, they eventually heard the front door open, indicating that Wooyoung's dad was finally back.

Hanna jumped up to welcome her husband and talk to him about why a stranger was sitting at their dining table.

"I'm sorry", Wooyoung whispered when they were alone. He continued to stare at the plate in front of him.

"What are you apologizing for, baby?", San asked, looking at the younger with confusion written all over his face. His boyfriend didn't do anything wrong, so why was he saying sorry?

"F-for this. It's so weird. My mom is acting like a whole other person, I don't know what's wrong. Maybe... maybe she suspects something about us-"

"Wooyoung." San gently put a hand on the younger's thigh, rubbing his thumb over it reassuringly. "Let other people have their opinion. They cannot decide over your life. You're almost 18, then you can just run away with me if it gets too uncomfortable for you here."

A lump formed in Wooyoung's throat when he listened to the older's words. How did he deserve someone like him? San made him feel so good. Cared for. Loved.

There was Love.

Not in the friends- or family-kind-of-way, but in a romantic way.

„Baby, your cheeks are turning red", San chuckled slightly, lifting the hand that was not laying on Wooyoung's thigh to carefully cup his cheek.

"That's all your fault", the younger whined and playfully crossed his arms in front of him.

"Don't make me want to kiss you now, Jung Wooyoung, you're parents could come back any second", San smirked.

It was at this moment that Wooyoung realized he didn't care. He didn't care if his parents caught him. He didn't care what they would think about him. He only cared for San. His boyfriend and the person he wanted to spend the rest of his life with.

"What if I want you to kiss me?"

Love.

"In front of your parents?"

Real love.

"Ye-", the younger was interrupted by Hanna and Michael entering the room.

Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

After San and Wooyoung's dad introducing themselves to each other, all of them started talking about this and that.

Well, almost. Wooyoung was just silently sitting there, poking the food with a fork and sulking about his parents so rudely interrupting him and San.

Of course, it wasn't their fault. They didn't know what was going on between their son and this strange boy, but Wooyoung was still mad at them.