Forty

Harry

I had a weird feeling in my stomach like you know something is going on but you don't know what it is. The feeling has been haunting me for a few days now and actually interfered with the last week of tour.

Normally, our last night we had a big party. I had Flo join me and flew my family out to watch the last show. But tonight, that wasn't the plan. Tonight, I wasn't going to celebrate. I just wanted to go home and see my wife.

I had a tough time saying goodbye to my crew though, including Mitch and Sarah. Two people who have been with me from the start and if they would, I would want them by my side for another ten years.

But tonight for some reason felt different. It felt like I was really saying goodbye and I hated it since I didn't even know why.

The last show took place in Los Angeles and after the show, instead of joining everyone for drinks and a party, I called someone to pick me up. Florence had answered my last text, telling me that she felt a little off and would 't join me tonight. But she would try and wait up for me.

I felt bad that she was feeling under the weather and that I wasn't there, so I had another reason to head home early.

Mitch and Sarah were still wrapped around me, their arms made me miss home so much more. The past month I've been longing to see Florence again, I counted the days and couldn't wait until the night came and she would be calling me from her bed, lazily talking and beaming at me about what she did that day.

The car was already waiting for me when I headed out, thanking everyone for the last tear, their help and their motivation to keep going and giving everything every single day of the tour. I was very grateful to have them with me. I waved one last time before shutting the door and waiting until the car drove off and I would be back home with my girl.

I texted her, letting her know that I was on my way home. I got the cutest picture back from her and smiled down at my phone.

Went swimming with Bono today.
His dirty paws are waiting for you

I laughed, quickly saving the picture before answering Flo

Am I on paw duty again?

Yes he's always a brat when you're not around.
+ only you are allowed to clean his paws, he wouldn't even let me try.

I chuckled at her message, the smile on my face never faded. Bono could surely be a brat from time to time. The first time Flo tried to cut his nails and clean his paws, he almost scratched her and when I tried he was being the sweetest dog ever. That's why on that day we decided that I would be the one who would clean Bono's paws.