Into The Past: Daishin Aoi

Belonging to the Aoi clan whose uniqueness is their dark blue hair. The Aoi clan uses the element of Water as magic. Using the pressure of the Water to tear through anyone's body, the Aoi clan has always been very powerful. A clan of warriors who always produced top-notch Sorcerers and Frontline Sorcerers. They have produced multiple Frontline Sorcerers who have contributed to Divinazione's survival throughout the years. 

                    His parents were Second-Tier Sorcerers who fought for years against the Oracles on the frontlines. They raised Daishin to be a very kind and caring person. He used to spend a lot of time alone as his parents would be out on missions. He never moved out of his house to talk to people while he was alone. He would sit and think about what his parents must be doing. He wondered about the Oracles and the stories of the Warlocks. He would dream about the man who defeated all the Warlocks and brought peace to the World of Magia. He wanted to be like his parents and fight for his country. Whenever his parents would get time to be home, they would tell him many stories and take Daishin for walks. 

                    His parents would take him to a sweet shop from where Daishin would always take the pineapple cake. It was his favorite. It was his father's birthday and he wasn't home. As usual, he was out on a mission along with his wife. His father had a drawer in his room inside which he would keep spare money. His father and mother were going to return from their mission at night. He decided to take some of the spare money from his father's drawer and buy his favorite apple cake for him. He was very excited to surprise his father with his favorite sweet. He ran towards the shop enthusiastically and bought a huge apple cake for his father. He was very happy. Daishin was walking slowly and cautiously so that the cake doesn't fall off of his hands. While walking back towards his house, he saw three adult Sorcerers sitting at the edge of the road. They looked poor and had scars all over their face and arms. One of them said to the others, "It's been three weeks since we've been kicked out of the clan. No money, no food. We can't do anything! This is turning out to be tougher than I expected.". One of them notices Daishin carrying a huge box and smiles naughtily. He tells the others, "I think we have the solution to the problem boys! Look at that!". He points towards Daishin. Daishin looks at the three Sorcerers worriedly as they walk toward him. "Look kid, we're gonna make this short. We're very hungry. Give us the box.". Daishin gets scared and takes a step back. He says, "This is for my father. Not for you.". One of the Sorcerers smiles irritatedly and says, "Just take it!". One of the Sorcerers steps forward and tries to snatch the box from Daishin. Daishin holds the box with all power and refuses to let go of the box. Refusing to let go, The Sorcerer gets annoyed and kicks Daishin in his gut. Daishin gasps and spits out blood as he gets kicked. The box falls on the floor and the Sorcerer picks it up. He smirks at Daishin and says, "You should learn to be a good kid. Listen to your elders.". One of the other Sorcerers walks ahead and punches Daishin on his face that blows him away. The Sorcerers leave with the box as they laugh away at Daishin. Blood spilling over the ground and a broken tooth lying on the floor, Daishin was brutally beaten. He thought to himself while laying on the ground, "Is this how someone feels when they're beaten? This is so painful. I can't bear it. Who would want to feel such pain?". He drags himself home as no one is around to help him get up. He sits down and ties a few bandages around his face to stop the bleeding. His parents arrive at late night and notice Daishin sitting on the floor with bloodstains all over his clothes and bandages on his face with blood underneath them. "What happened to you Daishin?! What is with all this blood?!", asks his father as runs toward Daishin. "I went out to buy a cake for you and a bunch of goons beat me up and took the cake away.", says Daishin as tears pour down his face. "Oh god!", his mother yells emotionally as she hugs him. "Thank you, son. Knowing that you even went out to buy a cake for me makes me happy.", says his father with a subtle smile on his face. "Why would you like to hurt someone, father? mother? They feel pain. Even if they are our enemies, why would you hurt them? Why not make peace with them?". His parents look at each other with confused expressions on their faces. "If it was that easy, We would have made peace with them, son. But they are mindless beasts. Remnants of our enemies, the Warlock. We have to fight. We don't have a choice but to fight.". "I don't know. They must still feel pain right? If it's that important to fight, I will become strong and teach other Sorcerers in our country. I can't hurt someone myself. Even if it's an enemy. It just feels so wrong!". 

                    Growing up, He trained with his father in the open grounds of Celeste. He became very strong. His father understood that he was no ordinary kid. His eyes would glow golden with every hit he would take. His magic would get stronger with every hit he took. His father studied history textbooks of multiple generations but still couldn't find anyone with similar power. His father considered his son to be the reincarnation of god. 

                    He met a guy called Issei Otaru whom he would befriend in Mago Regashi. He was a very extroverted person and very open with his feelings. He was confident in whatever he did. He played a very major part in giving the confidence Daishin needed as a person. Someone who never spoke to anyone but his parents, it took time for him to get very comfortable with Issei but his personality influenced Daishin's mindset and made him a much more confident person. Observing his powers at practical examinations, Daishin was recommended by all his professors in Mago Regashi for the Camp selections but he would refuse every year. 

                    He would take up the job to teach young Sorcerers at Mago Regashi and turned out to be extremely successful in that occupation. He was confident and enthusiastic in whatever he did. He took care of his parents when they got old and they were very happy that Daishin was contributing to the survival of Divinazione by teaching young kids. They were happy that he was happy doing whatever he ever wanted. 

                    One day, he was called by Sir Daihachi to his room. "I know that you are extremely wise and powerful. The era of the current Sorcerer Council is coming to an end. I want you to become one of the 5 Council members for the next era of the Sorcerer Council, Daishin.", says Daihachi with a smile on his face. Daishin gasps with shock. He says, "I decline, Sir.". "What?", says Daihachi with a confused expression on his face. "The only time I have ever fought and hurt someone was when I trained with my father to stand wherever I am right now. I am happy with being a teacher. Being a Sorcerer Council member would mean going on multiple missions to hunt down Oracles and indulge in violence which I don't want to. I am sorry.", says Daishin with a serious face as he exits the room. 

                    "I have never felt like hurting someone no matter what they did. I could never do it. I knew it was for our survival. I still couldn't bring myself to do it. Although, there's no one. No one. I need to take a step now no matter what. I need to go. Fight. I need to hurt someone even if  I don't want to. My father's words ring in my ears. I have always run from violence but I cannot ignore this at this stage. My country's welfare is more important than my personal problems. I will give it my all." ~ Daishin Aoi

                                                                               END OF CHAPTER

During the events of the Matsui betrayal, Daishin kept his personal problems aside to fight for his country.