"Because I'm worried about you. I don't care if I die, especially if it's protecting you or Lady Hinata."

You put your hands on his shoulders, looking up at him. "Stop worrying about all of this stuff now. I promise you, it'll be alright."

He put his hands on top of yours, pulling them off. "Y/n, even if you promise it, not everything goes as planned."

"I know that. Once this chakra point heals, I'm going to train again. You really shouldn't put so much stress on yourself."

"Either way, you come before me. That being said—"

"Shut up! Talking won't make you a medical ninja!" The door being banged on interrupted the both of you.

He groaned, continuing to work on the dead fish in front of him. It seemed to you like he was working too hard.

"Neji, stop pushing yourself."

"W-Wait, I think I got it.."

"You're trying too hard. You shouldn't have veins in your hands."

He stopped and looked at you. Right after, his nose started bleeding. You looked at him with a weird and unexplainable expression.

"What're you looking at me like that for?"

You took out a tissue, wiping his nose.

"See? This is why you shouldn't force chakra out so harshly like that. Take your time. Breathe before you start."

He nodded, doing it once more. It was much better this time and you could tell he almost had it.

After several days, he managed to get it. Now he just had to heal a real person. You were walking down the new halfway built village. Things looked like they were going well for some places.

The place Neji trained for his medical ninjutsu was the same place outside of the village. No one really practiced there anymore. You were soon to pass Danzo and his guards, you didn't even want to speak to him.

It sent shivers down your spine when he passed by you, it's like he didn't even stop. Which he didn't. He walked up to you, placing his hand on your shoulder and turning you around a little bit.

"U-Uh— how may I help you, Sir Danzo..?"

"It's Sir Hokage. Zip up that shirt of yours, no one needs to see that."

Your eye twitched. "That's what he stopped me for? To zip up a shirt? Who do you think you are? You're not a god."

"Yes, Sir Hokage."

You zipped up your shirt, turning around and walking away. When you looked back, he was already gone. Again, you unzipped your shirt to the same spot it was. It didn't take you long to get there.

When you came in, Neji's nose was bleeding again.

"What happened?"

"I 'tried too hard' again. Sorry."

"Did you make any progress?"

"I did, actually." He pointed at his arm which had a small scar from him healing it.

You smiled. "You're getting better."

The door slammed open, a loud groan coming behind it.

"I can't stand that temporary hokage!" Your brother yelled out.

"Danzo?"

"Yes! He told me that I shouldn't be talking to other women because 'I'm flirting'! Just say you can't get any and move on! So— anyway. What'd you do?"

"I healed a large cut on my arm, I stayed here a little later and came before you two did also."

"Well, at least you're working hard. Also, I see what you mean. Danzo told me to zip up my shirt because no one needs to see it, it's not even for him! It's not for anyone! That old bitch should die, he already looks as if he's decaying."

You stuck a tissue up Neji's nose, standing up.

"Y/n." Neji grabbed your hand.

"What is it?"

"We have training to do, you know."

"No no, I can train her. You can continue to work on that like I instructed you to." You brother leaned against a bookshelf, crossing his arms.

"Why do you want to train me?"

• "We have places to be." •

what places?