Chapter 29 (True Culprit)

Start from the beginning

Lying... I guess I became used to it. Ever since I lied to him...

Decided not letting this happen again, I 'made it quick' with them. I answered some questions they threw at me, gave them my autograph, receiving some chocolates and stuffed animals... it never felt so... meaningless...

Without (Y/N), here with me.

"Sorry guys." Suddenly, Jennie stood up from her seat. "I have something important to do, but it's gonna be quick! I promise!" Jennie clapped her hand, motioning 'sorry' to all the whining boys she left.

With her leaving her seat, I heard some groans from the boys in front of her empty chair. I wonder what's wrong... she's never like this.

She was the type that would never leave the BLINKS without any reasonable answer... did something happen?

Zer0's POV

"Can't you go faster?!"

"Well, we'll be stopped by the police 'faster' if we do it now!"

I can't believe it! I can't fucking believe it! Him! Of course, it was him! It was always him, right from the very beginning!

Right under my very own nose!

It was so stupid of me not to realize it. We thought too far out of the box, when our answer was pretty obvious! How come he didn't cross my mind earlier while he was the most suspicious person in my head?!

Earlier during the interrogation...

"Park?! What park?!"

My patient was running out overtime as I began to lose control of my patient. "You know right? 'Park' name, it belongs to many families in Korea. I guess that wouldn't help us." Crypto stated this asshole's uselessness. Not that it wasn't that obvious.

I ran out of time and patient as I gave him a great choke through his collar as I aimed my gun right under his nose. "You're gonna tell me who he is, or I swear your mom will never learn about your existence ever again." I felt myself gritting my teeth as I tightened my grip on his collar, reducing the air he was taking.

"And what good would that do?" His smirk wouldn't go away. At that point, I knew he was useless. I thought no longer and without any warning, I pulled the trigger.

He was playing with fire, he was gonna get it. He ran out of time... "AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!" the big bad douche bag screamed to the top of his lung like something REALLY hit him real hard.

But something didn't go the right way it was supposed to be. That plastic bullet was supposed to give him a little pop off on his head.

The real situation was it didn't! Or more like... there was no bullet to begin with. What the-? I released the grip on his collar to check the magazine on my gun.

But to my surprise... It's empty? "The magazine's dry already? How many bullets did you put inside that?" Reaper took a look at my empty magazine and asked Crypto.

"I guess we were pretty much in a hurry. So, I didn't have time to fill every magazine. I guess." The hacker sounded apologetic while giving me a new loaded magazine.

I quickly took it from his hand and reloaded the empty gun with some non-lethal bullets that would guarantee at least his unconsciousness. "Alright, where were we?" I once again put a grip on his collar and pointed the gun right where we left the business.

And this time, his face went paler than earlier, knowing what was coming into his head next on... and the 'outcome' was pretty much 'guaranteed'. "W-What are you doing?" his breathing became unstable and his body started shaking.