Chapter 25 (Execution)

(Y/N)'s POV

Fight...

It was something I had been trying to avoid my whole life. In my high school life, in my daily life, in my everything.

It would always be the last thing that was written in my every solution list for most problems I ever had in my life. Most of them, I finished it with my head. Even if physical contact was needed, it was just about bumping, pushing, nothing more than that.

But to fight so I could solve it, I never intended to do it in the first place. Cause every time I fought, it would only bring back the darkness of my past as a kid who had to fight like an animal.

Just for foods, and simply, safety for myself from the others who were fighting against each other like hungry beasts.

I would come home with bruises covering my face, greeted with a worried face of my grandma. She would scold me lightly for taking it the hard way to finish my problem.

Without me realizing it, her words stuck inside my head, and changed the way I solved my fights. And it turned me into a passive fighter.

Finding something this similar to my past, a situation where I had to fight four people at once, it brought me back to the time when I had to raise my fists every time I woke up only to punch someone before they punched me back...

And I had learnt many lessons from the life I had as a survivor of a wild life as a kid. How not to trust people easily, how to always watch my back and never let my guard down, and of course...

How to fight for my own life. And I had to use the thing I swore to never use again.

Come on, (Y/N)! Now's not the time to be scaredy cat! You had fought bunch of bullies and jerks! But this is different! This is your own life on the line! And you know it!

You tried your best going out of this peacefully, but they brought the war on you!

My thought was scattered just when I realized the four started charging me with full force. Like hell I would give up now... even if I died today, I wasn't planning on letting them walk away without a single scratch.

So, I charged back toward the two people in front of me before they got too close to me. I had to finish them as soon as possible. Or at least, knock them down. Cause I still had someone on my tail.

When the first person launched his fist, I swiftly dodged it and gave him a counter strike with a swift jab on his jaw, making him fall to the ground.

But bold of me to think that way. Because my plan was too... ridiculous.

Before I got to get the second guy, he already kicked me in the stomach, making my back hit against the cold wall.

Shit!

I quickly gained my composure and balancing myself as soon as possible to launch my counterattack. But too bad, not soon enough. Just as I was ready, I already saw a wooden rod swinging toward my face.

Too bad that I had no time to dodge it, so I used my arms to block the attack, receiving a large amount of pain on my entire arm. "Argghh!!"

I could feel some bones cracked before the other three kicked and knocked me down. My hand was already too painful to be moved.

My hand could barely move! Yet I had no other option but to keep fighting. I couldn't die like this, not here, not by them, not now!

Yet standing up was already too hard for my body to do as one of them stomped my legs so hard, preventing me from standing up.