Chapter 17 (Stormy Night)

A/N: Don't get your pants tight yet ;)

(Y/N)'s POV

Seeing her kneeling at the floor like that, it made my heart sink. She must be really scared. As I slowly let go of her hand, she quickly grabbed my sleeve tightly that she wrinkled my shirt and clung on it with her own life.

Well, she never told nor shown me her fear of darkness. But I never knew she'd be this afraid. "Rosie?"

"S-Scared." She didn't talk anymore by the fear that consumed her. And another thunder came in, making her hug me seriously close to her like her life depended on it.

In this case, even walking would be troubling. Not to mention that it's quite stormy out there, and it's dark. Even if I have to carry her, she won't be able to carry things properly. And there are many of her stuffs here!

Damn, guess there's no choice left.

"Rosie?" she just gripped even tighter. "Come with me." I let her wrinkled my shirt as much as she wanted as I began to lift her by her shoulder.

Slowly but steady, we reached the dark bedroom brightened with my flashlight as the stormy night went on and on without even showing any sign of stopping any time soon.

With her heavenly-shaking feet, she managed to move and keep up. My head carefully made the steps so we wouldn't get stumbled into something before sitting Rosie gently on my bed.

"W-W-What a-re you-?" her lips were shaking, due to the fact that she was scared to death. At the very least, this is what I could do for her after everything she had done for today.

Giving her shelter. Going out now might not be the best idea. If she really was that scared of dark, I bet she wouldn't last long by walking through the dark street. Not to mention that the heavy rain and thunder were everywhere at this moment.

"You could stay here. It's too dark outside, so it might be a little difficult for you if you're this scared of dark. So just sleep here for tonight if that's okay with you. Please... nod if you say yes."

The fact that she even struggled at speaking in this unknown state, I didn't want to trouble her. She only nodded and it made me relaxed for a bit, knowing that she trusted me to let her stay.

I gently laid her small body on my bed before covering it with my blanket. As for me, I could sleep wherever was possible. couch, the dining table, anywhere else besides my own bed.

"Goodnight, Rosie. If you need me, just give me a call. 'Kay?"

I caressed her soft palm, calming her down. Until I saw her calm expression through the darkened vision of mine, I was finally convinced that my job was done. For now, until she called me for help.

But when I was about to walk out, she already needed me. "N-NO!" not just by shouting, she even pulled my arm closer to her, never caring what my hand touched (I mean, you should know). "Don't- g-go!"

She hugged my hand tightly, not wanting to let me go to my deadly, back-killing couch. And instantly, I felt guilt washing through my brain. She was already calm, yet I frightened her again. I should had thought about it.

"O-Okay." I knelt myself down next to her laying body. Even though it was dark as hell, I could see her beautiful face... still so beautiful that I wanted to have it... for myself.

I caressed her hand just like earlier as I could see her beautiful coffee eyes slowly closing again peacefully. Her breathing became steady in a short term. I wasn't the type that could sleep while sitting.