[1-1] ˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ the first secrets

❝︎You know I love you, right?❞︎

* Year 1 is about 10-11 year old Harry and Analise. These kids won't have angst though if you came into this story looking for angst, it will come up in the later chapters. Because year 1 is about 10-11 year olds, you may find it to be kind of corny (I can't give them big words, can I?) If you want to skip year 1, feel free. *

the first secrets· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

the first secrets
· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"You know I love you, right?" Analise asked as she wiped white foam above Harry's lips with a napkin.

"Of course," Harry nodded unbothered by her action.

Analise set down a cup of hot chocolate down on a shelf where Harry kept his miniature figures Dudley threw away. The two sat against the wall, their legs overlapping with each other's trying to fit in the broom cupboard underneath the stairs. Each movement on the stairs caused dust to fall inside the cupboard which had now become an everyday circumstance.

Harry's blanket was thin but there was no need to worry for the winter's storms. The tight space had poor circulation with dust particles flying around in the air and was always the room with the highest temperatures around the house.

Analise's room was starkly different from this cupboard and it first took her by surprise. Uncomfortable was to say the least and she'd spent days coughing because of all the dust she inhaled. To see Harry live in such conditions seemed impossible though there was nothing she could do other than wish death on the Dursley's.

She came to visit often to keep him company in this tight cupboard. Her company was what made living in this space better for Harry. When she left, the wrinkles formed on the blankets where she sat on top of made him feel like she was still there keeping him company.

Analise frowned suddenly, "Then why can't you tell me?"

"You wouldn't believe it."

"I've seen some extraordinary things. Whatever you say probably won't phase me. What I've seen— It's a new type of extraordinary. Almost magical. Like, magic in the fairytale books we read."

Harry gave in without a second thought. It was never his intention to keep it a secret from her for long anyway. "Alright, fine. I was at the zoo with Dudley. I was looking at a snake inside its exhibit just talking to myself and it talked back to me."

Analise's eyes grew wide and a wide smile spread across her face, "You can talk to snakes?!"

"Shh!" Harry quickly shushed her. "But that's not all. When Dudley leaned on its exhibit, the glass wall separating him and the snake disappeared into thin air. It was like... Magic. Then the snake escaped, thanked me, and instead Dudley was trapped in the exhibit."