Revelations

Disclaimer: I don't own HP. JK Rowling owns Harry Potter.

Hogwarts Hospital Wing [December 17th]

As the sunlight streamed in through the beautiful stained glass windows, a flicker of light danced across Hadrian Riddle's face. He frowned, causing a small crease to form between his eyebrows. He languidly tossed an arm across his face, in an attempt to block out the irritating streak of light, but it was to no avail. With a deep groan, he pushed aside the simple white hospital sheets that had twisted around his form.

He was in the process of rubbing his eyes to get the sleep out of them, when he heard someone say, "Oh good, you're up!"

To say he was surprised was an understatement. He flinched and shot up straight in his bed, banging his arm against the bedside rails in the process. Hadrian winced and cradled his still sore arm, sinking deep into the several pillows that had been tucked around him. He narrowed his eyes at the girl who was leaning against his bedside.

"What are you doing here?" He muttered, his voice laced with blatant disdain for the pretty redheaded witch standing in front of him. Ginevra Weasley ignored his less than inviting attitude, and sat down on the side of his bed, tossing her long straight hair behind her shoulder.

She scrutinized his face for a minute before saying, "I need your help." Her eyes darted around the room in a paranoid manner and settled distrustfully on the still boy lying in the hospital bed beside Hadrian's.

Hadrian followed her gaze and waved his hand carelessly, "He's petrified. He can't hear a single word you say."

The guarded expression on her face relaxed considerably, although she maintained the strictness in her posture. "I need your help." She repeated stiffly. She gritted her teeth together and forced out a reluctant, "Please."

Hadrian raised an eyebrow coyly and pointed to himself. "You need my help? Hmm, consider me intrigued." He said in a bemused tone.

She folded her arms against her chest and shot him a cold glare. "Don't make this any harder than it already is, Riddle." She snapped. "I don't need your help specifically. You just happen to be the only one that can possibly pull this off."

"I don't understand."

Ginerva clasped her hands together and turned her whole body so she was facing him. She leaned closer to him and said in a low, precarious voice, "I need your help to get rid of someone."

She turned back to face the hospital doors abruptly as if waiting for someone to barge in immediately. Pleased that no one else had overheard, Ginevra switched her stare back to Hadrian, her calculating brown eyes assessing his perfect poker face for any reaction.

"Gone." Hadrian finally repeated in disbelief. He locked eyes with Ginerva. "Are you saying–"

"Yes." She cut him off hurriedly, "I need her gone and you are going to help me."

"And why would I ever help you, love?" He sneered, folding his arms to accentuate his point.

She smirked and leaned in closer until her lips brushed against his ear and whispered, "Potter."

"Wrong. We made a deal about Potter." Hadrian hissed. "You would forget it ever happened, if I pretended I never saw you in the common room at the hour."

She shrugged indifferently, "I lied." She paused and allowed an innocent smile to grace her sharp features, "And since you have somuch more to lose than I do, I suggest you kindly get over this and concentrate on what's important. The plan."