Lessons Learned

Disclaimer: I don't own HP. JK Rowling owns Harry Potter.

"What do we do now?" She whimpered, fearfully glancing over her shoulder.

"We go save her!" He barked, "What choice do we have?"

She put her hands on her hips, "I know that! I meant, what's the plan?"

"We go in there and I'll grab her. Then I'll kill you and tell everyone else that you tragically died fighting for your best friend. You'll die a hero. Good plan?" He smirked. He could hear her sputter indignantly and he broke out into a wide grin, although she couldn't see it.

"That's not funny." She snapped.

"I thought it was." He muttered to himself.

She let out a frustrated groan as she slipped on something slimy and came crashing down. She took in a deep breath and allowed herself to count to ten so she wouldn't break into a string of aggravated curses. She stood back up and dusted the grime off her robes, scowling at the back of his head.

"Why are you acting like this is all my fault?" She huffed, folding her arms.

"Because it is all your fault!" He spat, glaring around at his surroundings as stumbled through the darkness. There was a disgusting smell in the air, like rotten flesh. He cursed loudly as his foot collided with a large stone boulder.

"My fault? I'm in this mess because of you!" She defended, angrily pushing her long hair away from her face as she cautiously walked around the big rocks.

"Well, if you had died just like I had planned, this wouldn't be happening!"

"I'm sorry?" She said, although it came out sounding as more of a question. "I should've just died like a good little girl." She said sarcastically. "Darn." She snapped her fingers in mock disappointment.

"This is not the time for your...humor. Is that what you call it?" He sneered.

"Some people find it endearing."

"Well, I do not." He announced. There was a small thump followed by a loud, "Ouch!"

"Serves you right." She said haughtily, using her hands to feel her way around. Her hands ran over something cool like metal. Suddenly she paused and gasped sharply. "I think we found it."

Hogwarts: Gryffindor Dormitory [November 16th]

Destiny Lestrange groaned audibly as she collapsed back onto her bed, her face coated in a thin layer of sweat. It had been almost six hours, and she was still getting nowhere. She had been looking into the future every five minutes, but every single time, the image faded to black at that moment. Almost as if the future completely disappeared after that.

Waiting for the future to occur was an awful feeling that required much patience. Patience that Destiny didn't have. Sighing heavily, she pushed aside the curtains around her bed and was met with the unpleasant sight of Lavender Brown gossiping with Parvati Patil. She wrinkled her nose in distaste. Patil was all right, but Lavender Brown was possibly the most horrid, vile, little girl she had ever met in her life. Even Parkinson was better than that cow.

"And then I said to her, 'Go snog a Hufflepuff!'" Lavender laughed obnoxiously, as if it was the funniest thing in the world. Parvati giggled also, while Destiny just rolled her eyes.

"Oh, Lav. You are so bad." Parvati grinned, slapping her friend's shoulder playfully.

"So bad." Lavender agreed, pulling out a hand mirror and admiring her less than-appealing (At least Destiny thought so) reflection. She puckered her lips and applied a sticky coat of bright pink lip-gloss, smacking her lips together when she was finished. It was then that the Brown bint looked up from her mirror and saw Destiny.