Bellatrix Lestrange

Disclaimer: I don't own HP. JK Rowling does.

Riddle Manor [Current time]

Hadrian discreetly glared daggers into Voldemort's back. His hands were trembling and occasionally, his eye twitched. He didn't know if it was from anxiousness, or from fear. Probably both.

He had a bad feeling about Bellatrix Lestrange. Just the name sent shivers up his spine. Hadrian had briefly heard of the crazy witch from eavesdropping on his former parents' conversations. They had described her as insane, cruel, and heartless.

He bit his lip, hard, drawing blood. Hadrian stood rigidly as he and Voldemort stood in front of an enormous door. Voldemort waved his hand, and the door swung open, slowly. It creaked loudly and Hadrian was tempted to cover his ears. The large room inside was pitch dark, there was absolutely no light. Not even the slightest flicker of sunlight shone through the heavy curtains. Hadrian could tell the room had once been very luxurious , judging from the expensive paintings and pure silver chandeliers in the room. He could make out a couple of practice dummies pushed to the side of the room, but they were covered in cobwebs, obviously suggesting they hadn't been used in a while. The entire room had a creepy, gloomy ambiance.

Voldemort waited calmly for Hadrian to walk in. But after a minute of watching Hadrian freeze outside the door, he grew irritated and pushed him in. Hadrian toppled forward from the sudden force, and he fell onto the floor. Voldemort scowled, as Harry picked himself up, embarrassed.

"Locomoter Mortis Doloris!" A voice screeched, the sharp scream piercing throughout the room.

Hadrian barely had any time to register what was happening, as his legs snapped together and he crumbled onto the floor once more. As soon as he hit the floor, he knew this was no regular curse. A normal fall shouldn't have caused sharp pain to course throughout his body. Even after a couple seconds, the pain did not stop. The pain he felt when his legs hit the floor, was indescribable. It wasn't as bad as the Cruciatus curse, but it was still, nevertheless painful. Hadrian could feel the pain coursing in his veins, flowing through his blood and tugging on every small nerve. It was bearable, but he still tried to escape it. By some miracle, Hadrian did not cry out. He clenched his fists together, letting the silent screams tear him apart from the inside, but on the outside not a single moan was heard.

After a few more minutes, he could hear Voldemort mutter "Finite Incantatum", and the pain miraculously stopped.

Hadrian raised his head slightly, and he saw a thin figure slink out of the shadows behind him. He widened his eyes as the curly haired Bellatrix Lestrange came into view. She was just as threatening looking as people had described. Hadrian tried to get up, but Bellatrix held him in place with her wand.

She sneered, "Consider this your first lesson: the element of surprise will always be an advantage. It can knock your enemy out in less than two seconds if you do it right."

Hadrian stared wearily at the hand Bellatrix offered to help him up. He reluctantly grabbed it, dropping it in shock. Literally. He felt a crackling shock of electricity shoot up his arm as soon as he touched Bellatrix's hand. He growled and attempted to get up by himself, gloating internally when he was successful. His legs shook, but Hadrian held his head high.

"Trust no one. Nothing is free in life, so don't take it for granted." Bellatrix continued.

"Bravo, Bella. Interesting curse." Voldemort complimented. His voice sounded almost bored as he added, "But may I remind you, we aren't trying to kill the child?"

Bellatrix bowed, in respect. She turned her gaze onto Hadrian, and he shuddered.

Bellatrix had dark, black, heavily lidded eyes that matched her sister's. Sadly, the similarities stopped there. Bellatrix had a cruel, almost disturbing looking permanent expression on her face. Her eyes were those of an insane lady, and Hadrian had no doubt that her favorite hobby indeed was torturing muggles. Bellatrix's hair was very curly, half brown, half blonde and it just added to the overall torturer look.