Situations

Disclaimer: I don't own HP. JK Rowling owns Harry Potter.

Hushed whispers and somber moans haunted the room. The scuffling of feet nearby could be heard, but no one could be seen in the dimly lit chamber. Destiny rubbed her eyes as she tried to adjust her eyes to the light faster. Blurry dark spots danced across her vision. She strained to hear the fast paced chanting and the soft voices in the air. Where was she?

Orange-yellow torches gave the room a soft glow. A cool wind brushed her cheeks and she shivered, rubbing her arms up and down her shoulders. Goosebumps ran up and down her arms although she attempted to stay warm. The stone floor felt like jagged glass against her bare feet. Destiny blindly felt around for her wand, but she found none. All of a sudden, her fears magnified greatly.

Her eyes grew wide and panicked, despite her effort to calm herself. She was sensitive to the slightest of sounds. Destiny felt something on her leg and let out a strangled shriek, shaking her leg insanely. Her hand flew up to her mouth as she realized it was simply a small black spider. Her chest heaved and without a second thought, she crushed the spider into a unnoticeable splatter.

Glaring down disgustedly at her now filthy hand, Destiny reluctantly wiped off the spider residue on her sleeve. Incoherent mumbles filled the room, and Destiny looked up wildly, once again, she saw no one. Her thoughts were puzzled as she ran a hand through her knotted hair. Why was she even here? Was this is a dream? She didn't remember leaving the dormitory.

A terrifying hiss filled the room, and her heart almost stopped in shock. It grew louder, and louder until she had to cover her ears so she would not hear the awful sound. The bracelet on her wrist began to sway vigorously, although there was no breeze in the room. The glass charms clinked against each other violently, each noise sounding like clashing rocks. Before she could make any move to save it, the glass star charm she had acquired shattered into a thousand pieces.

Her breath caught in her throat and her hands trembled frantically. Her voice quaked as she whispered, "Lumos."

Her hand glowed faintly for a second, and a small ball of light sprung from it. The bright sphere of light hovered over her hand like a candle. She thrust out her hand, searching for anybody that could be there. Destiny heard an eerie rasping voice that grew louder with each breath she took. She heard no footsteps, but she could hear the whispers getting closer and closer.

She whipped head around, her blonde locks slapping her in the face has she tried to look for the owner of the terrible voice. The ball of light she held disappeared. Her blood was pounding in her head and her heart was beating out of her chest. Destiny licked her lips, trying to get rid of the unusual dryness. Her gaze darted around and she jumped at the slightest sound. Was she just imagining things?

"Give it to me."

Destiny bit down on her tongue, hard, to prevent the startled scream from escaping her mouth. The metallic taste of blood filled her mouth, and she swallowed painfully. She definitely wasn't imagining it. The voice was like nails against a chalkboard.

"Tell me where it is."

The voice was deadly, and the most awful thing she had heard. Her blood turned to ice and the hairs on the back of her neck stood up. What did it want? She certainly didn't have it.

Destiny whimpered softly, "Please, let me go."

"Give me what's rightfully mine and I may consider it."

She held in a frustrated groan, "I don't even know what you want." Destiny paused, before her eyes grew determined. "Besides, this is a dream. You cannot order me around in my own dream."