vi, long story short.

chapter six. long story short.

have you ever cried so hard, your head is in dead pain afterwards, and not when a tylenol or ibuprofen can make it better? where you have to sit in wait, unbeknownst to the time it would go back to normal?

that's how angelina kim phan felt right now. she's slouched over her desk, tears dripping down her face that has leaked down all over her trigonometry homework. she still has to study for her english test tomorrow; and she still has world history homework to finish.

she's not done with her yearbook page, either. the deadline is at eight in the morning, and it's already three. school starts at seven, she really needs to finish up.

"fuck," she muttered, angelina's head in her arms as she sniffled numerous times. "god damn it."

angelina phan is so, so, so tired. she hasn't gotten any sleep in twenty six hours, and she still has to work on her campaign for student council president.

her dog was well asleep and snoring loudly on the bed. aiden was on the small, comfy chair in the corner of the bedroom in front of the tv from where he was playing video games. he fell asleep at one.

angelina sat up and chose to ignore the wet spots on her trigonometry textbook. she took her phone off the charger and typed in her password, it not accepting her face id from
how dark it was.

lina 🐟
hello sir are you awake at
this hour

ran 🐀
hello ma'am indeed i am

what are you doing awake

lina 🐟
peeing my pants

ran 🐀
that's kind of crazy cause so am
i??

lina 🐟
woah... we're like twins

# crazy

the window made a tapping noise, which made aiden stir and turn over, his glasses falling off his face. angelina put a blanket on top of him, before turning over to the window to discover the sound.

ranboo tapped the window again. angelina gripped the bottom of it and pulled it open, the taller boy sticking his legs through first with slight ease, considering he's done it so many times before.

he turned the light on by her desk so he could see her face. drenched in tears, he frowned at his best friend. "what's wrong?" she motioned to the load of books on her desk. "i see."

oliver drummed his fingers against her desk as he watched the girl wipe a few tears off her face using her sleeve. she fiddled with her fingers as she watched ranboo consider his next decision.

"come on," he grabbed her hand. "you only live once, lina. and you have to make it worth it. if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

angelina paused for a moment and laughed. "did you just quote ferris bueller's day off?" she snickered, causing ranboo to roll his eyes.

"shut up. it was in the moment and i just watched that movie with my sister," he huffed, walking towards the window. "and don't even think about saying no to me. it's illegal. you have to live for once, angelina."

he only used her full name when he was being 100% genuine. when they were both twelve, they swore to never use the other's full name unless they meant business. and ranboo, certainly meant business.