iii, it's nice to have a friend.

chapter three. it's nice to have a friend.

"hi, vote me, 'cos i'm wildly attractive," angelina handed a pin to some sophomore in the hallway. "you know, maybe i should stop being so cocky." she looked up at ranboo, who was helping her hand out pins as well.

"well, you're being better than hayden," he murmured, pointing in the blonde's direction as she made a stupid remark as to why she should be voted for. "you need some sort of punchline, you know?"

angelina handed another pin to a freshmen. "hm. i got it - vote for angelina phan or you hate gay people."

she put her hand up in a way to express it in the air. ranboo furrowed his eyebrows. "definitely not what i was thinking. we'll work on it more later."

"i don't understand what else you could be thinking." angelina shrugged as she dug for another vote for angelina! button out of the ziploc bag she'd been carrying around.

"lina, sometimes i wonder how you finished last year with a 4.5 gpa." ranboo shook his head and handed another button to a freshmen angelina had seen a few times in band.

angelina frowned. "you shouldn't. i'm a genius."

he rolled his eyes and threw a pin aggressively at kasey elizabeth, who had been their friend from a class in junior year. with their fast reflexes (they're captain of the cheer team), they caught it.

"thank you, oliver," kasey had a blank expression, looking down on the pin to read it. "you're running? isn't hayden lamrow running too?" they frowned.

"yes," angelina smiled with a smug grin tugging on the end of her lips. "that's like, the point. and anyways, how else am i supposed to get into harvard?"

ranboo furrowed his eyebrows as they walked along the hallway. "you don't want to go to harvard."

"i know, i just want the acceptance letter." angelina laughed.

"well, hayden is on my team," kasey continued their down turned face. "were you always gonna run? or were you just sort of... doing it to spite her?" they jogged to catch up with the two fast paced friends.

angelina shrugged. "extend the college application, kasey. and even if it causes me to break down in the dead of night, at least i'll have the satisfaction of getting into ivy league schools. not that i'm going to any of them." she assured.

kasey rolled their eyes with an insure look on their face and turned to walk the other way, allowing angelina and ranboo to continuously shove vote for angelina! pins in freshmen's faces.

"pad kid poured curd pulled cod." angelina said with a mouthful of food, trying to keep it all in her mouth. most of the time (and ranboo knew this) she'd recite tongue twisters to calm her mind down when she was too stressed, or too anxious.

ranboo smiled as he took another bite of his burrito. "how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

"hm.. about thirty four," angelina responded. "sally sells sea shells by the sea shore, did you know that?"

"i did not, i'll have to go and check that out soon," he said. "but, did you know peter piper picked a peck of pickled peppers?"

angelina gasped. "no, really!? if peter piper picked a peck of pickled peppers . . ."

"then where's the peck of pickled peppers peter piper picked?!" ranboo finished off the sentence for her. "i've been wondering the same thing!"

angelina laughed loudly, causing ranboo to join her, when they calmed down, he looked at her fondly.

"you okay?" he asked. at her confused face, he continued. "you've been doing that for years, you always recite tongue twisters out loud when you're stressed."

she nodded. "i'm fine. just felt bored, i dunno." angelina shrugged.

ranboo put a hand on her shoulder. "lina, it's okay to feel overwhelmed. we're seniors, that's how we're supposed to feel." he joked and nudged her side.

a tear prickled in her eye, but angelina held it back. "yeah. i just - am so scared, to leave high school. to leave san francisco. to leave california."

he knew she was scared to move on. they'd always had a plan to stick together. but with his streaming . . . it wasn't necessarily his plan anymore. and she didn't know that. hell, she didn't know that he streamed in the first place.

he's going to tell her. eventually.

"we're going to stick together, right?" angelina leaned her head on his shoulder calmly.

"yeah. we are." he frowned, and luckily, she could not see it.

he's going to tell her. eventually.

☽˚⁀➷ AUTHOR NOTE . . . ⚘
aww bahooey short chapter

 ⚘aww bahooey short chapter

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━