Chapter 15

4 or so weeks later

Summer.

Nico's least favourite season.

Yet, much to his annoyance, Leo thrived on the warm weather so they spent most of there time outside with...people.

Currently the two of them were sparring at the sword fighting arena with Jason and Percy.

Leo was absolutely hopeless.

'Woah!' Percy yelped as he dodged one of Leo's signature uncoordinated attacks 'dude what are you doing?'

'I don't know!' Leo whimpered stumbling around, still off balance from his wild attack.

Jason laughed at his friend before turning his attention back towards Nico.
'I don't usually hurt small children but I'll make an exception' he taunted

'Small?!' Nico exclaimed 'you're gonna regret that Grace'

The blonde grinned adjusting his grip.

Nico made the first attack. Jason deflected the sword with ease, launching his own attack.
The two jabbed and parried, each waiting for the other to make a wrong move.
The blonde stepped to the side, and raised his spear. Nico took his chance, ducking into Jason's shadow, he disappeared.

'What the...'

Jason felt the flat of Nico's sword came down on his back.
The son of Zeus lurched forward, the younger of the two lowered his guard.
Big mistake.

Thunk

Jason's spears collided with Nico's chest plate. The Italian gasped in shock then landed hard on his bum.

'Your right Nico, I did regret it' Jason teased looming over loser.

'Shut up' Nico groaned, 'I only lost because the shadow travel tired me out'

'Pfff, excuses excuses' Jason rolled his eyes

'It's way to hot for this bullshit' Percy called, leaning on Leo's shoulder 'let's go down to the beach'
Leo seemed to have a black eye forming, no doubt given to him by himself.

'Agreed' Jason said 'I'll see if the girls wanna join us'

The three remaining teens turned their back on Jason's retreating figure.

'How've you guys been' Percy asked capping his sword 'any trouble in paradise'

'It's really none of your business' Nico huffed, cheeks turning pink

'What he means to say' Leo said 'is everything's great'

'No actually I meant it was none of his business'

'Oh hush Neeks'

'Stop calling me that'

'Wow you two kids are like an old married couple' Percy grinned watching the interaction with uncontained glee.

'Shut up Percy'

The bickering was interrupted by the return of Jason.

'Looks like it's just the guys' he said when he reached them 'the others are too busy doing girly things'

'Close quarter battle?' Percy guessed

'Yeah'

The four of them ambled down to the beach, the Jason and Percy already tugging their t-shirts over their heads.

Leo glanced at Nico who was hugging his torso self consciously.

'Y'know we don't have to take our shirts off to swim, it's called being sun safe' Leo joked

The son of Hades just scowled
'It's still suspicious'

'Not everyone is a detective Nico'

'What are you two lovebirds talkin about' Jason grinned, slowing down to talk to them,

'Don't call us that' Nico grumbled

'Sorry' Jason said sheepishly 'you planning on swimming?'

'No sparky, we're tagging along just for kicks' Leo teased, earning himself a shove

The dirt turned to sand, and as they climbed the last sand dune the salty breaze hit them head on. The vast expanse of blue-green water stretched across the horizon, the shimmering surface almost painful to look at.

'Cmon guys!' Percy hollered from the surf

'You heard the mermaid' Jason grinned before tumbling down the slope.

Leo and Nico ambled towards the waves, both starting to feel more and more anxious,

Leo stopped and grabbed his boyfriends shoulder,

'Look, Neeks...'

'Don't call me that'

'We don't have to swim if you don't want to'

Nico shrugged off the claw like grip 'Leo...'

'I fully support your decision to go back...'

Nico looked Leo dead in the eye, 'I'm not a twerp'
Then in one smooth motion pulled off his long sleeved tee.

Nico's pale skin practically reflected the sun and Leo was right to assume he was very thin.

'Stop staring'

'Oh! Ah yup, will do' Leo's face flushed turning away

'Oooooh' Percy and Jason squeeled in the distance.

'I swear to gods if you two don't shut..!'

Nico's verbal abuse was cut short as Leo grabbed his hand and flung him into the shallows,

The youngest gasped indignantly as the sea slapped him in the face,

'Cmon death boy' a very shirtless Leo offered the Italian his hand,

It was Nico's turn to blush as his eyes wandered down his boyfriends lean muscular body.

It's not like the two of them had never seen each others bodies (begone dirty minded scum), but this time felt very different.

The two of them waded cautiously out to Jason and Percy.

'Took you long enou..' Percys voiced faltered as his eyes wandered down both their scarred arms.

Nico pulled his hand from Leo's grip, once again hugging his chest.

Jason slapped Percy on the back of the head,
'Good one Water boy' he muttered

'Sorry' Percy said awkwardly 'I made it weird. Let me start again. Took you long enough!'

Leo grinned unfazed, 'good save man'

Nico looked up nervously 'you don't think we're freaks' he said in an almost challenging manor

'No way dude, why would we think that?' Percy exclaimed 'we've all got secrets, scars, secret scars. That's what makes us demigods!'

'Here here!' Leo yelled,

Jason yelled a celebratory whoop.

Nico smirked 'you're all idiots I hope you know that'

'Yeah, we do' Jason promised before splashing Nico in the face.

'You're gonna regret that Grace!'

'Bring it short stuff'

——————————————
Damn this is a late update.
And the thing is someone just asked me how long it takes me to write a chapter.
I said no more than a week, y'know, like a liar.

Anyway! This book has come to its inevitable end.
Thanks for sticking around!