Chapter 10

Nico was panicking.

I'm so stupid I'm so stupid I'm so stupid

The mantra pulsed through his mind relentlessly.

He sprinted towards the dining pavilion. It wasn't far as he'd just been wandering aimlessly around the camp.

He scrambled up the gentle slope till he reached the tables, his bare feet slipping and sliding on the wet grass.

He couldn't see Leo.

Oh no...

Not looking where he was going he tripped; face planting had not been on his to do list.

'Woah! Nico are you ok?' A worried voice caught his attention, when he looked up he realised he lay sprawled in front of the Athena table.

'Annebeth! Have you seen Leo?' He asked urgently as he clambered to his feet.

'Uhhh he just left, but more importantly where are your clothes?'

Nico glanced down, realising he was still only wearing boxers and a jacket. That would explain the amused and slightly bashful stares he was getting.

Annebeth never got her answer though, Nico had already shadow travelled to the only place he could think of.
Bunker 9.

Well that's where he intended to go anyway.
Instead Nico found himself in the thick of the forest, where the canopy was so dense, rays of sunlight were few and far between.

He looked around desperately for any familiar landmark, though he was pretty sure campers generally didn't venture this far out.

'Leo?' He called

Nico wasn't surprised when no one answered his call.
He shivered.

This part of the woods was cold.

Stumbling to the closest tree, he hauled himself up onto its lowest branch in the hopes of reaching the top. Maybe he could see which direction the camp was.
His arms and legs shook.
He'd shadow travelled twice today.
He was exhausted, but he had no other choice.

Nico got the sense the tree was helping him. He would've fallen twice but there always seemed to be a hand or foot hold to catch himself on.

Pushing bunches of leaves out of his face.
Luckily Nico found he'd made it high enough to see past the treetops.
Unluckily he could only see treetops.

He'd shadow traveled into some sort of minor valley, where the surrounding trees were just raised enough to prevent him from seeing the camp.

He cursed in Ancient Greek so colourfully even Ares would be proud.

The some of Hades scrambled down the tree as fast as possible without actually jumping, reaching the cold ground once again.
He was staring to wish he'd just persisted with his skinny jeans.

Legs and chest decorated with a fresh array of cuts and scratches, Nico began moving towards the deepest shadows.

The Italian needed to shadow travel out of here.
He really had no other choice.

'Ok Nico' he said to himself, zipping up his aviator jacket to preserve his limited body heat, 'you got this, you have to have this or you'll probably die'

His slim body melted into darkness.

He struggled to keep himself conscious and sane, the absolute blackness tearing at his mind and soul.

An indistinct yet painfully familiar whisper echoed around the void.

Nico tried to concentrate on not getting lost in the darkness, but the voice demanded his attention.

Nico begin to panic...well, more then he already was.

One of voices stood out from the rest 'hello Nico'

Said shadow traveller was unable to answer,

'It's good to see you've finally been honest with yourself young one' he chuckled'I love a good romance arc'

Cupid.

No no no no, not now please not now.
Nico spun in the darkness, him airways constricting and his stomach threatening to eject what little food it had in it.

'Would you like some help?'

Without waiting for confirmation, the pitch black surroundings changed, images of Leo and Nico swirled through tendrils of chalky pink and yellow.

There was Nico bursting into the forges to find Leo spread eagle on the floor.

The next slide showed the two demigods nose to nose, weapons weighing down Nico's arms.

Leo catching Nico, Nico and Leo laughing by the camp fire, Nico and Leo, Nico and Leo, Leo and Nico.
Together.

The son of Hades found his voice
'I..I love him'

———————————————
Is this a short chapter?
Yes
Am I sorry?
Somewhat
Just wanted to publish something since it's been a while.

It's been a lot harder than I though to 'revive' a story, heh.

ANYWAY
Next update soon
But I ain't promising on the river Styx