That made me even more confused. "Maybe your partner is trying to surprise you." She winked. "The adress is place of real pretty and rich apartments, I shouldn't be the person saying it to you, but if I could choose I would instantly take the keys and go for it." I tried make myself respond, but this felt really strange. "I don't have a partner." I said, taking the keys. "But..but it could be maybe some surprise from my parents..yeah it propably will be like that."

"Well, then good luck but you sure are welcomed if anything failed." She chuckled. "Thank you, I'll see. Have a great day." I gave her a little smile and then left, holding the box. I waited for another bus, searching for the location. It taken 35 minutes until I finally get there. It was the middle flat on the left side of the street. I got inside, reaching the stairs until I finally reached the door. I was little nervous but I made it up in my head as a surprise from my parents to have my own apartment.

I found it little out of the hand when I entered the apartment as it felt kind of larger than the one we lived in New York. I stepped inside, looking around to get myself organized and face the fact this apartment had like 7 rooms. I finally realized that my parents would never buy me something this expensive but that wasn't the main realization. Not until I heard voice closest to my heart. "Liebling." I gasped, slowly turning on the left. I widen my eyes from the shock I went through when I saw a male silhouette coming.

I couldn't even catch my breath properly. "H-ans?!" I gasped, barely getting it out of myself. I couldn't believe it. He was standing right here! Alive! Am I being delusional? "I hope I didn't changed that much for your liking." He grinned, approaching me. I standed there, without proper reaction than widen eyes. "Oh my..Hans..Hans!" I called out, emotionally. "You're here..You're alive! Christ, you're alive!" He chuckled, wrapping arms around me, pinching my nose. "I hope this is enough of proof that I'm real."

I cried out, tears of pure joy, jumping to his embrace. He warmly laughed out, rising me up by the waist to end it with a kiss. The happiness I felt when our lips were reunited was beyond all words. "I can't believe this, you're back, you survived..but how? I thought I lost you!" I started to ask as we turned from the kiss. "You remember what I said back then in Nakatomi Plaza, that time when you dedicated to stay with me? It's all about money. If it was only few bucks we would just disappear but when it comes to milions we have to play dead." He explained.

"I knew it does not have work out, from my side with Karl or from your side with your father, that's why I kept Eddie few floors lower, meanwhile Fritz was prepared to collect the money. It is all about what others want to see, what police, FBI, your parents and even you thought that you saw. And it worked. Well, no surprise, I'm exceptional thief after all." He grinned, making me gasp by this entire reveal. "The only thing that bothered me were all these long months without you. Being not able to to reach and hold you in my arms again. Until now."

"But there was no other way than do it like this. It kept you safe and me too. Yeah, I know, it's been a while and if you already found a lucky man to have you, I'll understand-" I punched his shoulder in funny way. "Never. I would and always will choose you. And there is no way to change my mind." He chuckled, holding me close. "That means I'm the lucky man?" I nodded, pulling him close for a kiss. "You always been." He gladly returned the kiss. "I love you." Hans smiled for me to respond. "Ich liebe dich."

I still couldn't believe this was happening. The miracle that just crossed me. Of course, last Christmas was meant to be the time of miracles and for me it was opposite but now it all turned back to the first time I squeezed Hans's palm in mine. And I believed only the best was awaiting us. Hans told me everything about his new identity, he named himself Ed and his new profession was supposed to be painting. Well, we both were rusty when it came to painting so most of the time we were just messing around with colours.

After all, with the amount of money Hans kept we were doing wonderfully. I enjoyed the university, finally having the chance to show my interest in history. Hans was nothing but supportive, helping me the best he could although the only thing I needed was him in general. Seeing the man of my heart by my side, without anything or anyone trying to pull us apart. Never again. True, this was no love story I used to watch on my VHS's but I can admit this one will remain favourite.

Now I really believed all is working out. And this time I was correct. Everything went according to the plan as it should. If I should start to describe how my parents reacted when I told them about me having boyfriend in London and who he is, trust me, it would be whole new chapter. But even that worked out. After all, Hans was no longer taken as criminal, of course, the money situation bothered my Dad but as soon as Hans got him a new car for Christmas I could finally say that he will accept him as his son-in-law.

But that's just me rushing things. For now I had to set up the VHS player. "You really don't want me to help you?" Hans asked, kind of mocking me. "It's not my first time doing this." I responded with chuckle. "And it's finally done!" He shared with me an impressive stare until we both laid on sofa. "Let me guess. Lethal Weapon?" He turned at me. "2! Lethal Weapon 2, babe." I exclaimed for him to roll eyes and pull me in his embrace. I gladly joined his embrace, placing kiss on his cheek.

"Next time it's my turn to pick a movie." He said. "As long as it's watchable." I commented, making him mess with my hair. "You doubt my taste?" I laughed out, nuzzling against him. "I wouldn't dare!" He grinned and returned the same affection. "As should." I laid my hand on his shoulder, smile on my face, enjoying the movie. If someone told me back then that I, daughter of literal cop would end up with a criminal I would never believe. And now? He was the best thing that could ever happened to me. My one and only exceptional thief.

• • •

Hello everyone! And that's it! This is the end aka the final chapter. I still can't believe we are on the end, it was my pleasure writing about my beloved Hans and try potray him differently. I know there are several Hans stories which are better and I applaud every single author of such fanfictions. My goal was to give Hans a happy ending and somehow show not everyone is bad as they might be. I'm gonna miss writing about him but I promise there are two more fanfictions in the Alan Rickman collection and the next is Sheriff of Nottingham. He's very underrated here so I hope my fanfiction won't dissapoint you. In the end I want to so much thank you for being with me through this book, voting, commenting or simply reading. I love you all so much, I wouldn't be here without your support and I send you so many hugs. Anyway I hope you enjoyed this last chapter and I apologize for all my mistakes. Thank you so much for reading and see you in comments! Sending love