No. 1

A/N: Another favorite of mine- such a good song (and an amazing cover too) ;-;

- - -

"No. 1 it is, then."

- - -

Once most of the class had managed to find their seats again, Jirou pressed play. The holo-screen flickered to life again, showing off one Midoriya backing away from the camera. 

"Do I really have to help you with this?" a familiar voice asked, causing many a brow to furrow in the room.

Aizawa sat up at the sound, his eyes narrowed in confusion as he glanced towards the screen.

Midoriya chuckled nervously, moving back enough to reveal none other than Shinso, sitting behind the drums pushed back against the wall. He looked tired- though, he always looked tired, so that wasn't much of a surprise.

Aizawa glanced towards Mic, asking him a silent question with his eyes and getting a nervous shrug and a grin from the blonde in return.

The underground hero narrowed his dry eyes further in response before looking back towards the screen once more.

Mic had the feeling he had a stern talking-to awaiting him in the future.

"Well, you don't have to, but it'd be a big help if you did. Plus it could be fun-" 

Midoriya seemed nervous, the energy radiating off of him as he fiddled with his tie. He must have taken a big step, allowing Shinso into the studio with him- especially since he hadn't even told the rest of the class he made music.

Shinso rolled his eyes and let out a sigh. "Why can't someone like Bakugo help you? Didn't he play the drums for your class's performance at the festival?"

The entire class sweatdropped as Bakugo rolled his eyes.

"He... wouldn't be on board for helping with something like this, probably," Midoriya replied, still fiddling with his tie- and rumpling it in the process.

"What about Mic? Where is he anyway?"

"Present Mic's got class- but I know how to use the studio by this point so it's fine... I just can't play drums." 

"Can't you wait until he gets back?" Shinso asked, studying one of the wooden sticks. "I haven't played in a while, I'm probably rusty anyways."

"I didn't know Shinso could play the drums- that's pretty badass," Kirishima grinned, only to get a huff from Bakugo in response.

Midoriya rubbed the back of his neck, averting his eyes from the violet-haired boy. "I- I guess, I just... I wanted to get this song out while I still had the motivation. If uh- if you're uncomfortable playing though by all means, you don't have to-"

Shinso raised a brow, tilting his head as the green-haired boy spoke. He let out a sigh, twirling the stick in his hand before picking up the other one. "Fine... but no promises it'll be any good," he said, glancing towards the piece of paper sitting on a metal stand in front of the drums. 

He mimicked out a couple of swift motions, looking between the drums and the paper that was likely some kind of sheet music before nodding. "Alright, I think I got it."

"Alright, you come in on 'time', okay?" Midoriya said with a grin, turning back towards his mic and positioning his fingers on the guitar he'd picked up.