Odd Future

- - -

"Guess we'll find out!" Kaminari replied with a grin.

- - -

"Okay, what about... this one? It's called 'Odd Future'," Kaminari said, handing the case over to Jiro before glancing back down at the pile of CDs they had yet to go through.

"Just play the damn CD," Bakugo said from his seat, looking much more lively than he had been previously. 

Whatever All-Might and Kirishima said to him must have made him feel a lot better. None of the class was sure what caused him to go off like he had during Midoriya's song, but some of them were planning to re-listen to the song and pay closer attention to the lyrics. 

"One of you gonna drop more lyrical wisdom on us this time? The last one was kinda straightforward," Ojiro said with a grin as he glanced towards Todoroki and Tokoyami.

"The last song: All-Might we're your biggest fans, the musical," Mina said, spreading her hands out in front of her like she was pitching an idea to a board of executives. 

Half the class snorted in response. 

 "Based on the title, my assumption is that it's going to be about the future of heroics with us in the fold, and how it'll be 'odd'," Tokoyami said from his seat.

"For the love of God JUST PLAY THE DAMN CD ALREADY!" Bakugo yelled, being held in his seat by Kirishima and Mina. 

"Okay, okay!" Jirou said, pressing play. 

This one started differently from the others- rather than the sudden burst of guitar and drums, this one began with a slow, low riff and Midoriya's voice.

"You ready?

Are you excited?

'Cause now's the time to goooo..."

The addition of a piano threw the room for a loop and caused Aizawa to jolt from his sleep and glance around in confusion. Poor guy must've been woken up all the time by Present Mic.

"If you can't get too hi-igh,

You won't see no starlight-

No one can say nothing, not to you-ou-"

"Wait, this is more like rap than singing," Uraraka said, tilting her head as the music continued to play. 

"He's singing a little, kero," Asui replied.

"They're winning and they're leading by one step,

Don't you give up, you just gotta take one step-

It's all you need so go and take one step, pass down,

I know it seems like there ain't no end in sight now-

Ohhh, so hold on, come on, time to perseveeeere..."