"Mirio..." Kirishima breathed, his gaze cast down as he hugged his arms. "Midoriya must've- must've felt guilty. I know I did..."

"There was nothing we could do..." Uraraka replied, though she'd be lying if she said she hadn't felt any guilt over what had happened to the third year's quirk herself.

Jirou pressed play, the moods of the students surrounding her dampened.

"No not for no one-

It's so hard to walk on water every day...

If I fall you know I would swim-

Through oceans of my tears to be with you..."

"What does that me-"

Sero was interrupted by a shush from Todoroki. He was staring intently at the boom box, hands folded in thought as he rested his elbows on his knees. 

"Say goodbye,

I don't have the strength to let it all end!

I would give all and everything if we could mend...

All I wanted was you to stay and not disappear-!

I've decided I will follow my heart...

Promise yours will always be right near me...?"

All Might froze, his eyes widening in realization as he heard those lyrics. Bakugo glanced his way, brow furrowing in confusion. Their eyes met, and he asked a silent question- one that the former pro didn't know how to answer.

This song- it wasn't about the raid, or about Eri, or even about young Togata.

It was about him

It was about Sir Nighteye's prediction.

It was about the future All Might's old sidekick had seen in store for him.

"It feels like everyday I'm fighting for my life-

But I, I'm never backing down I'm gonna prove I'm strong for you...

I don't think I'm afraid at all to lose and fail a fight

I was always so afraid I might be losing you..."

"You're kidding, right? This can't happen- I want you to live, All Might..."

"I won't say die!

You won't ever see me running away-

'Cause this life it meant more to me than everything

All I ask, stay right next to me and don't disappear-!

I've decided that I won't give up on my heart..."

"You remember what you said at the sports festival? Watch me tell them I am here- I need you here, don't you understand?!"

"I'm not strong for the power or the fame or the glory,

Those don't mean a thing-!