Objection, your honor.

“Good morning, Mr. Thomas Masi,” Austin’s first witness was the police officer who arrested Lauren. He asked Masi a series of questions that explained what the crime scene looked like when he got there. Mr. Masi talked about how Lauren leaned over the victim's body without any emotion on her face. She was eerily quiet and had blood smeared on her hands and clothes. Austin asked him about the gun and he answered saying that the gun was positioned on the opposite side of where Lauren was sitting. The questioning went by smoothly without any objections from me. Then it was my turn to speak to him.

"Hello Mr. Masi," I give him a smile which he returns. "You testified that you saw my client opposite of the murder weapon when you arrived at the crime scene, correct?"

"Yes I did." He nods.

"Was the murder weapon anywhere near her hands?" I question him.

"No."

"Was it near the body of the victim?"

"No, it was a few feet away from the body, next to the doorway."

"So, if the weapon wasn't near my client or the victim and was near the doorway, then the killer could've dropped the gun before attempting to escape, correct?"

“Objection, calls for conclusion.” Austin stands and says.

“Sustained, continue.” The judge says to me.

"Its possible," he said, uncertain.

"No further questions, your honor." I say and return to my seat.

"Counselor?" Judge Iglesias asks Austin.

"No further questions for the witness, your honor."

"You may step down, Mr. Masi."

Next, Austin called Dante to the stand. Dante was not only a gun expert but a blood splatter expert. He was able to explain, in detail, where Regan was shot first. Along with Dante's testimony, Mahone showed a handful of photos of Regan's lifeless body on the floor along with the blood surrounding her.

By the time that it was my turn to question, I had one main question in mind, "Does the position of Regan's body along with the blood splatters tell you who committed the crime?"

"No." He said simply with a smile.

"No what about the gun? What type of gun was found at the crime scene?"

"A Beretta M9 that belongs to my sister." Dante knew where I was going with this.

"Now what type of bullets are used in that gun?"

"Simple, 9x19mm parabellum bullets."

"Objection," Austin said, "relevance?" Judge Iglesias looked at me.

"I'm getting to it." I tell her and give Austin a look.

"Overruled.  I will allow it." She brushes off Austin’s outburst.

"To recap," I continue again, "The gun found was, in fact, a Beretta M9 that uses 9x19mm parabellum bullets, correct?" Dante nods. "What kind of bullets were found at the crime scene?"

"The bullets found at the crime scene were .45 ACP bullets that are slightly taller and wider than 9x19mm parabellum." A loud wave of whispers filled the the courtroom.  A few flashes went off in the room and I heard a handful of reporters trying to contact their bosses. I smiled brightly when I heard all the shocked responses.

"Order. Order." Judge Iglesias commands the courtroom to quiet down before the get escorted out.

"What kind of gun uses those bullets?"