"No way. There has to be something else we can discuss. We just gotta think. Right, Shuichi?" Kaede asked. "Huh?" Shuichi said. "Shuichi...even though you're not the culprit, you've been quiet for a while. It's because you realized something, huh? You're scared to reveal the truth." Kaede pointed out. "...Ah!" Shuichi yelped in surprise. "...I thought so...Shuichi...Answer me this-what kind of truth did you realize? Don't be scared to say it. Not just for me...but for everybody else. Please...face the truth." Kaede encouraged Shuichi. Shuichi stayed silent for a few moments more before a concentrated look overcame his face. "...The picture." Shuichi said. "...Picture?" Kirumi said. "The picture from the camera aimed at the hidden door, just before the murder." Shuichi sweat dropped. He then pulled out a photo of Rantaro when he was just about the grab the camera to inspect it. "I always thought it was suspicious...The way Rantaro was acting..." Shuichi trailed off. "Hm? What's suspicious?" Angie asked. 

"If you look at the picture, it looks like Rantaro is trying to remove the camera. But that must mean he noticed the camera we set up." Shuichi said. "That's true. But when did he notice that?" Tenko asked. "I believe it was when the camera took its first picture." Shuichi answered. He then pulled out the photo of when Rantaro was moving the bookcase. "This picture was taken when Rantaro moved the bookcase. At that moment, something made him notice the camera. So, he tried to remove it, and that's when the bookcase closed. The sensor was triggered, and that's when this picture was taken." Shuichi explained." If that's the case, we must find the reason why he noticed the camera." Kirumi explained. "You're confusin' everyone! Except for me, of course! Just get to the fuckin' point!" Miu yelled. "I've been contemplating what it could be. Why did he notice the camera? And the answer...is in this picture." Shuichi said, pointing to the picture with Rantaro about to grab the camera. 

"I-It's because of the flash, isn't it?" I said before I could stop myself. "Nyeh? The flash?" Himiko questioned. "Yes. The flash went off when the hidden door camera took a picture. Rantaro noticed the camera's flash." Shuichi explained. "But how can you tell the flash went off?" Tenko asked. "I-If you compare it to the other pictures that we have. D-Do you remember the pictures that were taken when Shuichi took down the c-cameras?" I asked. "This is the picture taken when I removed the front camera..." Shuichi said as he pulled out the photo of him taking down the photo from the camera at the front the the library. Then, he pulled out the photo of him taking down the rear camera. 

"And this is the picture from when I removed the rear camera. And this...is the picture of Rantaro." Shuichi said. "Whoa! The brightness is totally different!" Kaito yelled. "Same room, circumstances, and camera. And yet, there is a disparity in brightness." Kiibo said. "Because only the camera aimed at the hidden door had the flash turned on." Shuichi explained. "What was the purpose of leaving the flash on? Especially since it was meant to be hidden..." Kirumi asked. "A mistake, maybe?" Maki chimed in. "It's no mistake. There was an objective here. That camera was placed for another reason." Shuichi said. 

"Another reason, huh? The flash was used to lure whoever moved the bookcase to the camera. So when the flash went off, they would have noticed the camera right away. And that's exactly what happened. Rantaro was moved to the bookcase, noticed the flash, and then walked over to the camera. But the culprit didn't expect the camera to take another picture when the door closed." Kaede said. "Hey, Kaede...?" Kaito asked. "What is it?" Kaede said. "Is...something wrong? You've been acting...kinda strange." Kaito pointed out. "...Strange?" Kaede questioned. "You last few remarks carry...more conviction than before." Kiyo said. "Do you know who the culprit is!?" Tenko yelled. "Yup, I know. I've known for a long time." Kaede smiled. How could she smile like that? She looked almost at peace with herself. "...Hm? Long time?" Gonta sweat dropped. "Because there was only one person able to set the flash on the camera. Isn't that right, Shuichi? The culprit of this incident is..."