Lyra was leaning back in her seat, drinking from a wine glass. "I haven't been in there. Up there is one big hallway with a locked door to his quarters. They have like small studio homes from what I'm guessing. Phoenix doesn't let anyone in his quarters, I would know I've been his friend for years."

I hummed in thought. They had been friends for years so had history, but they were overly touchy and I didn't like it. However, she stayed in her own room and he stayed in his, I meant I hoped anyway. Cel claimed she didn't intimately smell of him, so I could give them that.

"You have?" Jade wondered. "I've only been in this pack for two years, but Alpha doesn't seem the type to have many friends."

"Since we were young yeah. I knew his parents. Being from a King's pack also there were a lot of meetings we had to attend to as tweens, and we used to go off and hang out together." She replied.

"So interesting! I've heard about his parents. It's a shame what a mate bond can destroy."

"You should mind your business about that," Lyra muttered.

"I apologise Miss Lyra." Jade bowed her head. "I was just wondering if Alpha would ever find his mate, it must be hard for him knowing what happened to them."

Lyra nodded and set down her wine glass. She leaned forwards and Jade met her halfway. I turned slightly in my seat to get a better view of what was going on.

"You should keep it in your best interest to keep your nose out of your Alpha's business." She warned in Jade's ear.

Oh my. Did she just get back at Jade?

I chuckled and rubbed my hand over my forehead in amusement. Jade had recoiled like a snake, cowering in on herself at the dominant threat from the Alpha's daughter. Their eyes turned to me suddenly and I realised I must look like a weirdo laughing alone.

I cleared my throat and gave them a tight and polite smile.

"Something funny, Omega?" Jade snarled.

My eyebrow quirked in amusement. "You tell me."

She sneered at me but didn't bite back, her ego bruised. Ever since the day I reprimanded her, her wolf had backed off from the taunts. I could sense it in her behaviour. Whenever Jade would snap, her wolf would bow its head, the smell of submission coming through her aura. Cel loved it.

I watched as Jade stood and sauntered away, her minions following behind. She didn't once look back at me and my chin lifted in triumph. Once she turned the corner, I dropped my gaze back to my table. Just as I went to take my plate away, black beauty stepped before me.

"I know you." Lyra hummed, crossing her arms.

I swallowed. "Oh, you do?"

She nodded. "You're that girl that came in crying the other day. Gamma Sean chased after you."

"That was me." I laughed. "I don't believe we've met."

I stood to my feet with Cel boosting my confidence. I held Lyra's gaze as she tried to intimidate me, but whatever coursed through my veins made her not affect me.

I glanced at her appearance as I stood. Her eyes were a dark brown, deep enough to drown an entire fleet of men. Her lips were full and painted red with prominent high cheekbones. She was curvy and stood at about six feet in her heels making me feel insignificant. She was dressed in faux leather leggings and a jacket, with black spike boots and a white camisole top. Isn't she warm? It's July!

I felt like a lesser woman, standing in leggings and one of my larger t-shirts. I could feel the mess of my hair on my head, tendrils falling out of the bun. Mud caked my skin, even some leftover paint from the other day, and grass stains sat on my knees. I tried to get most of the mud out of my trainers earlier, but they were still stained brown and green.