Chapter 5 - PREJUDICE

Start from the beginning

"Yes. For the lack of better words to use."

"Are you telling me you'd want to use her?"

"Yes."

"I have continuously told you about this, and I will tell you again now. Nothing very good can come out in planning revenge. Against your enemies, against anyone. Nothing at all. "

"The last time I've heard, I'm the boss here and you're my secretary. So please, set her up to meet with me."

A deafening silence filled the entire room. Terry stiffened as she knew, she would never be able to change his mind. Right at that moment, she regretted ever choosing her to be his companion that night.

"Fine. Where do you want to meet her?"

"The Victory, please. Tonight. Also, please draft a contract for her."

She summoned all the patience she could get as she faced him again.

"Why?"

"So she could get out from all of these with enough money to start again."

"How much?"

"A Hundred Million."

She sighed as he turned his back on her and looked out the setting sun. It was one of the best things he has in this office, the view of the sun that she always comes in that part of the building to stare at it before she goes back home.

"I'll have it ready by tomorrow."

"Thank you."

She threw one last look.

"I hope you'd still get something good out of this whole plan that you have. And hopefully not end up hurting anyone nor yourself."

As soon as he heard the door close, he sighed as he took a small box out of his pocket. It's been with him since the last time he saw her.

He glared at the setting sun as his mind took a journey down memory lane.

"Kara Lee Osmond, will you marry me?"

His knees his been getting weaker by the minute. It took all of his guts to actually bend down his knees and propose to the woman he loved so much.

She's the daughter of one of the most influential politicians in the country. A woman whose totally on the pedestal while he was someone who belonged to a middle-class family trying their best to get by and keep their business afloat.

It took him a year to actually keep all the money he's earned to buy this ring. The stone wasn't even that huge but to him, it's perfect for her.

A 0.05-carat white gold green diamond ring that he's been eyeing for a long time. He knew it would be perfect for her. It was simply ethereal and he thinks that it would be the best ring for her.

"Yes! Yes! I will marry you!"

His heart was suddenly filled with joy as he slipped the ring into her fingers. As soon as he stood up, she met him with a kiss. He carried her and twirled her around as she was staring at the ring that he just got her.

His heart was overwhelmed with gladness. This is all he needed, her in his life and the endless possibilities of their future.

They walked hand in hand as they threaded through Central Park. It was one of those quiet afternoons where they simply enjoyed their time together.

They've been together for two years now after he'd met her in the cafeteria of the school where they both go to.

She was sitting alone at a table while he was looking for one and hesitantly asked her if she was with anyone or if she was waiting for someone to join her at the table.