SS: Movie Night - GaLe 🫂

(Thank you levy246 for the idea!)

POP! POP! POP! the popcorn bag slowly began  rising in the microwave. A little bit after, the microwave sang the tune that informed one of it finishing its job.

"GAJEEL, THE POPCORN'S READY!" Levy yelled to her husband, Gajeel, who was currently flipping through movies for them to watch. Once she poured the perfect movie snack into a bowl, and walked over to the living room in Gajeel's gray hoodie with a black dragon print on it and her favorite pair of shorts. "So, what are we watching?" she asked - setting the popcorn on the table, while grabbing and opening up a pack of M&Ms from his hand.

"Hmm...maybe a horror movie?" Gajeel questioned.

Levy looked at him and replied with a question of her own "Are you sure that you're not going to get scared, Gajeel?"

"Pfft, scared? Why would I be scared? I'm Gajeel Redfox, the best Dragon Slayer around."

Popping the last small chocolate candy into her mouth, Levy licked off the remaining chocolate on her fingers; taking the remote from the Iron Dragon Slayer with her clean hand and went into the Horror section. "If you get scared, just tell me and I'll turn it off."

"HEY, WAIT! I WAS SUPPOSED TO SAY THAT TO YOU!"

Levy laughed and eventually clicked on a movie called Gremlins. "You ready?"

Gajeel responded coolly "I'm always ready, Shrimp."

She sighed and shook her head as her finger pressed the "OK" button on the remote.

———————————————————————————

"Why does it look so weird?" Gajeel asked Levy, dipping his hand into the bowl of popcorn.

"What are you talking about?"

"The hamster, of course."

Levy giggled "You mean the mogwai?" She popped open a can of Coke and began drinking.

"Yeah, yeah - whatever. Also, who gives someone a gift like that?"

She shrugged and put down the soda can "I don't know, I think it's kinda cute."

Gajeel responded "If you say so, Shrimp."

The script magic wizard glared at him as she punched his shoulder "My name is Levy, not Shrimp. I thought you would know that by now."

As his unique way of laughing filled the room, the movie kept progressing. "What the hell? Why is he multiplying? He looks like popcorn."

Levy was on the edge of her seat "The main guy spilled water on him by accident."

"What does water have to do with anything?"

She rolled her eyes "That was one of the 3 rules. I guess by spilling water on him, it makes him grow in number."

"Gross." Gajeel cringed.

———————————————————————————

Gajeel was shaking with fear in his seat, witnessing all of the deaths that were occurring. "DID THEY JUST SEND THAT OLD HAG OUT THE WINDOW?"

"Yes, is that a problem for you? Wait, don't tell me...are you, the oh so great Gajeel Redfox, scared?" Levy mocked.

"Of course not, why would I be? Are you scared?"

"Please, I've seen scarier. It's not that bad, I just feel sorry for the victims."

The pierced and black haired man frowned, and continued his ruse "The main dude's old man is stupid."

Levy paused the movie "Oh, really? How so?"

"I mean, why would he get a gift like that? Didn't he find those rules weird or something?"

The bluenette scratched at her head and shrugged "I don't know. Horror movies can be stupid sometimes."

"All horror movies are stupid, which is why we should stop watching them from now on."

"Or it could be that you just don't want to watch any horror movies because you're scared~" Levy stated in a singsong tune, whilst raising her arms and wiggling her fingers like she was about to attack him.

The former Phantom Lord member stood up abruptly "I'M NOT SCARED, YOU GOT THAT SHRIMP? I JUST NEED TO USE THE BATHROOM UNTIL THE MOVIE IS OVER!" Thus Gajeel speed walked out the living room and headed down the hallway to the bathroom.

Levy sighed and shook her head "Oh, Gajeel..." she walked toward the locked bathroom and knocked.

"What do you want?"

"Could you open the door please? I wanna talk to you."

"I can hear you just fine through the door, Shrimp."

"My name's- you know what? Never mind, just let me in, please."

Gajeel swiftly responded "No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

They continued to go back and forth for about 3 minutes, until Levy decided that she had had enough. "Look, I'm giving you to the count of three to open this door, Gajeel."

"What are you gonna do about it, if I don't?"

"I won't talk to you for a whole week." There was silence, and then she could hear noises coming from inside the bathroom. The door sang a squeaky high pitched tone, as it opened up.

"You're still gonna talk to me, right...?" He looked at her with puppy eyes.

"M...Maybe." she stuttered - blushing brightly - and hugged him tightly. "Gajeel, I understand that you tend to protect me and act all tough, but I know you. If you're scared just say that, no need to hide it. I love you, I would never want to do anything that makes you feel uneasy and afraid."

"I know, I know. I just didn't want you to see me like this...it's embarrassing." he whispered and hugged her in response.

"Idiot."

"What did I do?" Gajeel yelled defensively.

"Didn't I just tell you? I love you. That means all of you; weaknesses and strengths included. You are mine, and I am yours. As husband and wife, we shouldn't be too embarrassed to reveal our vulnerabilities to one another."

"I understand. Thanks, Shrimp." he paused "I mean: thanks, Levy." They both smiled at each other, then kissed each other softly - Gajeel lifting her up to his face.

"How about we watch a different movie?" Levy suggested, being carried like a newly wedded bride in Gajeel's arms.

"What kind?"

"A romance."

He looked down at her and smirked. "Gi-hi!" Gajeel laughed. Levy nuzzled into his chest and inhaled some of his cologne. And even though they refused to say it out loud, they both knew the amount of affection and admiration they held for the other was too much for the world to handle. 

The End of:
SS: Movie Night - GaLe

Coming Up:
???