"I have lost all my patience. I was waiting from last five years but you know we are still at ground zero." Nikhil begged and continued "Don't worry about those 3 lacs, I will take out some money from my Mutual Funds." He assured.

"Ok but what about remaining EMIs. You know even if I divert entire my salary, it won't be sufficient" Swara asked.

"That's what I am saying Swara. Our current income is not enough for our needs. We need to find new ways" Nikhil cupped her face.

"Swara it is just a contract; I am telling you. Just a paperwork. The way you sign on any contract for opening a bank account it's just simple as that." He stressed again.

"I think we are talking about marriage here Nikhil" she reminded.

Swara wiped her tears and declared with determination, "I have never imagined, we will have this kind of conversation any time between us. I am ready to support you in every up and down of our life blindly. But I will never do a thing for which my parents will feel ashamed of me. It will be against the upbringing they have passed on to me."

"But we will keep it hidden from them. It will be just between you and me. I promise" Nikhil tried to cup her face.

"I want to go home. I am tired" Swara released his hold shaking her head in denial. She left taking small steps.

One more week passed, Nikhil's words took away Swara's sleep. Every day he used to make failed attempts for convincing her giving reality check. His words started haunting her by every passing moment. Her heart used to cry remembering his ask.

'Bank loan amount, future EMIs, family support how I am going to manage alone. Nikhil does not have enough income these days, I must divert my entire salary to EMIs but then it will impact our day-to-day expenses. I need to look for something on Sunday's for additional income.' Thoughts used to make her restless and her nightmares kept he awake for entire nights.

On one of such dark night, Swara woke up sweating badly in middle of the night. She calmed herself thinking about her nightmare. She got up and went to kitchen to drink some water.

"Anurag, it's ok we will manage" Swara heard low whispers of her mother.

"I don't know Reva. Manager was saying there are dues on Shona and Nikhil's home loan. Nikhil is not settling in his career after he left his job. Shona, she is getting twisted in all this. I know she broke her FD for repaying dues. And now Rohan's fees. I am not able to support my children." Anurag took deep breath.

"I have some 20 thousand." Reva replied calculative.

"Reva it's 80 thousand if we need to get admission" Anurag became teary and shook his head, "I have already taken out money from employee fund for this home. It's Rohan's dream to get admission in IIT. I don't want to waste his hard work for my incapability."

Swara could not hear more, she came back to her bed and lied down. Tears started rolling down her chubby cheeks. She kept on looking at nowhere, but her mind had accepted harsh reality of her life.

'What should I do? On one side there is home loan and other side I want to support Papa and Nikhil is also not supporting me in this. Should I think about his ask?' She wept for entire night.

In morning, 'Meet me on terrace' Swara took heavy breath after hitting send button.

"Hi Swara" Nikhil wished her.

"That day you were saying about the contract. I want to know more about it" her rigid voice earned Nikhil's attention.

He kept on staring at her with open mouth.