Chapter 10*

Harry's P.O.V (Continued):

To Bella: Hey Bels, can I come over tonight? If it's fine with you. H

I click send and wait for her response. I arrived home about an hour ago, but I don't feel like being alone right now. I've just been laying in bed since I got home, but I'm not tired enough to fall asleep.

My mind stays full of thoughts the whole day, a part of me is worrying about my dad's wellbeing but I also feel like I shouldn't. He didn't do shit for me so why should I feel guilty for his fuck up? Mike called me a few hours ago telling me how he ended up finding my father on one of the streets of Bushwick. He was outside of a bar, holding a bottle of whiskey and had cigarettes in his left hand. Mike ended up taking him home and putting him through a detox process.

From Bella: Of course, let me know when you're here so I can open the door.

I'm so grateful to have a friend like her. I don't really know what to call her. It doesn't feel like we met a few weeks ago but as if we've been friends for ages. One day I'll have to ask her what we are because we can't just fuck around here and there.

I get out of my bed, opening the drawers for a pair of sweatpants and a random graphic tee. I wasn't wearing anything in the first place so I slipped the clothes up on top.

I don't feel like driving anymore today, so I pull out my phone, calling an Uber to her place.

As I'm making my way out the door, I grab my keys off the counter and put them in my sweatpant pocket.

The Uber is arriving in 5 minutes, so I put my shoes on, locking the door behind me and taking the elevator to the lobby.

I wait in the lobby for a bit, until the car pulls up to the front of the building.

"Harry Styles?"

"Yeah." I take a seat in the back and fasten my seatbelt, getting out my phone to let Bella know I'm on my way.

To Bella: In the Uber right now, coming in 10 min :D

From Bella: take your time Harry <3

"Is here alright?" The driver says as he stops near her building.

"Perfect, have a good night sir." I tell the driver as I leave the car, walking to the lobby of Bella's building.

To Bella: In your lobby right now, I'm coming.

I walk into the lobby and the doorman greets me.

"Lemme guess, you're here for Bella?"

"Yeah." I breathe out a laugh and smile at him as I make my way to the elevator.

I wait for the next available elevator, checking my phone for the time.

The elevator opens and I enter, pressing the button corresponding with Bella's floor number. I get out of the elevator and walk to Bella's apartment, knocking on the door.

"Harry?"

"Yup." She opens the door and smiles at me, moving out the way for me to walk in. I leave my shoes at the door as we walk to the living room.

We take a seat on the couch and she speaks up.

"Any news on him?"

"Mike found him, he was outside of a bar in Bushwick. He's going on detox now."

"Good, I'm sorry Harry. I hated seeing you like that." She says, putting her hand on top of mine.

"I'm fine now, but I didn't feel like being alone." I tell her in all honesty.