I really needed that right now.

To Bella: Thank you so much, Bels. It means a lot to me. I have an appointment in a few minutes, talk to you later? X

I put my phone down and fix up the office, waiting for the next patient. I pull up their information on my computer and stand by as they walk in.

-

My shift finally ends and I clock out of the building, making my way to my car. I enter the address of the gym into the GPS and start driving.

I don't know why I feel so worked up today. I haven't hit the gym in a few weeks but I'll probably focus on boxing.

As I'm driving, my phone starts ringing. The name pops up on the tablet of the car, reading out "Dad".

Great.

He hasn't called me in months, what the fuck does he want from me now?

I decline the phone call and continue driving, only for him to call again. I pick up the phone otherwise he'll end up bothering me the whole day.

"Dad."

"Harry.... how are you, son? I missed you." He slurs.

Fuck, why now?

"How much have you been drinking? Be honest."

"I'm not drinking, I just want to talk to my son." He slurs out, coughing at the end.

"Where's Mike? How the fuck did he let you get like this?"

Mike is supposed to be my father's sponsor but apparently, he's not doing a good fucking job.

"Mike is busy..."

"Where are you? I'm picking you up right now."

"Somewhere... I don't need you to pick me up."

"What don't you understand? I've spent my own hard-earned money towards you, trying to help however much I can. I'm still in debt yet it's like I have to parent you. You're my father. You were supposed to take care of me."

I miss my old dad.

"I do take care of you, Harry."

He has to be kidding me.

"Don't even start with this bullshit right now. How have you taken care of me? Does taking money from my own tuition funds mean caring?" I get off the local road and park in front of a fire hydrant. I can't drive in this state.

"I-"

"No, just tell me where the fuck you are. I can't deal with this anymore. I miss mum." I tell him, trying to hold back my tears.

"Hello?" I speak as the car goes silent. He hangs up the phone on me.

Instead of going to the gym, I make a u-turn, driving towards his house in Brooklyn. I noticed the faint sounds of cars honking and police sirens during the call so he has to be at a local bar.

What did I do to deserve this? I miss when dad used to take Gemma and I to the corner shop to stock up on sweets. I miss when dad used to take us fishing at the lake near our old house. I miss when dad loved us.

My grip on the steering wheel becomes stronger as all these waves of emotions start hitting me. I can't do this.

I pull over once again, taking a deep breath. My heart is beating rapidly and I feel like I'm about to pass out. I start taking a sip of water and try to steady my breathing, guiding myself to relax.

It's been about three minutes and I still feel the same. I call up Bella to try and distract myself.

"Hi, Harry! I missed you."