10

You quickly made it to the record store where Elaina worked, wondering how receptive she'd be. Her sister Helen's letter sounded like Paul had done something heinous to her.

As you open the door, a bell attached to the lintel of the door rings, announcing your arrival.

A pretty brunette appears from the stock room, ready to help you.

"Hi, I'm looking for Elaina?" You ask.

"That's me, I'm Elaina." She replies, puzzled.

You wonder how to get the information out of her. You debate whether or not you should pretend to be looking for an Elvis record, but decide to just cut to the chase.

"I'm Brian Epstein's assistant, and I want to know what you have to do with this," You say, pulling Helen's letter out of your jacket pocket.

Elaina looks stunned. "I haven't the faintest idea of what you're talking about. If you're not going to buy anything you have to leave." She says, crossing her arms.

Maybe you should have pretended to buy something.

You open your mouth to speak, but the door opens again, and a blonde girl comes in.

"I'm here to take my favorite kid sister to lunch!" She says cheerily, as she enters the store.

"Not just yet, Helen, I'm finishing up with a customer." Says Elaina, immediately regretting saying her sister's name aloud.

You quickly do a 180° to face Helen.

"Helen! Maybe you can help me. What's the meaning of this letter, and why did you send those cookies to Abbey Road?" You ask, point blank.

Helen scoffs. "You think those boys are so good, don't you? Wait til you find out what Paul did to poor Elaina here, and then you'll be helping me make a second batch."

What did Paul do that was so cruel?

a/n! i'm back!! things are almost at an end here - let's see what happens next!