035

april 6th, 2024
4:11 pm

BEING A CELEBRITY HAD its drawbacks

As much as Ayoluwa loved her career, her fans and the opportunities she had been blessed with, there was always someone who went too far, someone who wanted to use her for a little bit of their own fame.

Ayoluwa sighed as she peeked out of her backyard fence door, her gaze on the small crowd gathered outside of her home and Firefly's leash in her hand.

Firefly whined a little, pulling on her leash to show that she was ready to go.

Ayoluwa sighed as she protectively rested her free hand over her stomach.

In December, she had been so happy to live in New York City and finally live out her Manhattan dreams.

But now it was one horrible breakup, a baby, a kiss that shouldn't have happened and a finished album later and Ayoluwa was beginning to see that New York wasn't all it was cracked up to be and she was wondering if this was the best city to raise her son in.

In the pocket of her lilac hoodie rang a call from Robert and Ayoluwa immediately pushed the decline button without a second thought.

She wasn't sure how to tell him that the kiss was a mistake without losing her professional relationship just yet.

God, my hormones are really fucking everything up.

As planned, Gloria pulled into Ayoluwa's driveway then rolled the driver's side window down to her midnight black Mercedes Benz, "She's not home."

"Who are you?" The leader said, carrying a sign that read 'We Love You, AP!' in different colored highlighters.

"I'm her agent. If you don't get away from my client's home, I will be calling the police and filing restraining orders on her behalf. This is not how you show that you support someone." Gloria retorted in a calm voice.

A few of the girls grumbled but after a few seconds of a staring contest between the leader and Gloria, they moved to walk down the street, disappearing around the corner.

Ayoluwa waited a few seconds then stepped out of hiding.

"Thank you," Ayoluwa nodded at Gloria as she came to stand beside her manager's car.

"No problem. When you come back from walking the dog, we need to discuss your next moves." Gloria said.

"Okay. Do you wanna wait inside?" Ayoluwa asked, jerking her thumb back towards the house.