033

march 28th, 2024
11:57 am

IT WAS TIMES LIKE THESE that Ayoluwa wished that she had more girl friends

They would be able to give her sound advice instead of just making threats like she knew Dior and Shareef would.

Telling Imani what had happened wasn't an option either, she would be too quick to tell Camille and Jamal and who knew what those three would do together.

Ayoluwa and Robert were in the studio, trying to squeeze the last few ideas for the album out of each other.

"I think the track list needs one more song. Let's make it an even twelve." Robert said, leaning back into his computer chair.

"Mhmm." Ayoluwa murmured, her hands over her abdomen and her eyes on the empty booth in front of the two.

Her mind was on Joshua.

How could she be stupid?

He hadn't changed in the slightest, and she had been so eager to forgive him that she had failed to see it.

Ayoluwa had moved from being hurt and straight to blatant anger.

It was causing her head to buzz and hard to focus on anything other cursing him out in her mind.

"Ayo? Ayo!"

She blinked then turned her chair to where Robert was sitting in front of the soundboard, "Yeah?"

"I asked you a question," His tone was amused.

"You did? What was it?" Ayoluwa replied.

"Just if you had any idea what to name the album." Robert replied.

"Oh. Uh," Ayoluwa trailed off.

"Do you wanna finish this later?" Robert asked, turning his chair to face her.

"What? No. No." Ayoluwa furrowed her brows.

"Then do you wanna talk about whatever it is bothering you because you're not gonna be able to work like this."

Robert had a point, prompting Ayoluwa to open her mouth a little, about to tell him everything that was troubling her lately.

Then she closed it, because it really wasn't Robert's business, was it?

But on the other hand, having someone who was on the outside looking in giving their opinion might be beneficial.