Vinnie obediently follows his instructions, sticking to his side at all times as they make their way around the store.

At one point, Zephaniah glances over his shoulder and sees that the shopkeeper is watching them closely. To avoid suspicion, he picks up a packet of breakfast rolls and places them in Vinnie's hands.

The two of them grab a few more groceries before heading to the checkout, flashing bright smiles at the cashier who begins packing their items into a carrier bag, unsuspecting of the gun Zephaniah clutches in his pocket.

"Will that be all?" the man asks, as Zephaniah shakes his head.

"Some tobacco for my father, please."

Nodding, the cashier turns around in order to grab a packet from the stand behind him. Only, once he has done so, he drops the packet, shocked by the scene in front of him: Zephaniah holding a gun against his little brother's head.

"Actually, i require one more thing." Zephaniah flashes the cashier a sweet, innocent smile. "Hand over the money in the till and anything else that might be of use to me."

When the shopkeeper continues looking like a dear caught in headlights, Zephaniah further shoves the gun against Vinnie's head, subtly kicking him in the shin which causes him to release a fearful whimper.

"Are you waiting for the fucking Messiah to come? Get a move on before i shoot this little boy's brains out. Or maybe i should kill the two of you. You see, i'm not feeling very generous today. I would hate for someone to be the brunt of my already growing temper," he seethes with contempt.

The teen smirks in satisfaction when he sees multiple tills being opened at his command, with dozens of bills, alcohol, and cigarettes being placed onto the counter before him.

A man more than twice his age at his mercy, yet this is just another Saturday for the young boy.

One of the mottos Zephaniah lives up to is 'Go big or go home,' and he certainly brought the element of surprise.

At just fifteen years old, he has become one of the most notorious kids in his neighbourhood, taking part in many illegal activities. A powerful leader of the neighbourhood misfits, parents tell their kids to steer clear of him and his family.

And he wouldn't have it any other way.

"Would you be so kind to add on some magazines and candy for the kiddies, too?" he prompts, watching as the man hurries to pack everything. "Siblings. Got any?" he asks the man, who frantically shakes his head.

Zephaniah snorts.

"Just as well. They're annoying, time-consuming, little shits. Not worth it if you ask me."

He carelessly pockets the gun, handing several bags to Vinnie, who remains as frozen as a statue.

A wide grin spreads across his face when he sees his little brother's bewildered expression.

The one advantage of having so many younger siblings is that he can use them as part of his schemes.

He knows they are scared of his unpredictable nature, but it is something he can hold over them and so he doesn't plan on providing them any reassurance.

𝐒𝐔𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐑 𝐏𝐔𝐍𝐂𝐇On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara