Chapter 32 - Cue Happy Music

Have you ever wanted something, got it and absolutely regretted wanting it in the first place?

That was me and wanting to be in a book. I'd honestly hate to be a character in a book. There's too much drama. Too much stress. There's way too much going on for me to want to be a character in a book. Never again.

Never again will I want to make another wish. 'I wish' is just one of those phrases that you just use everyday. It's a normal phrase that is in everyday use. It's normal to say it. After this, it is gone from my vocabulary. I will never wish for something again. Not after one seemingly harmless wish turning my world upside down.

Being a character in a book is just too much drama for me to want to be in a character in a book again. I had experienced it and it wasn't as great as it sounds like in the books. When you're reading a book, you wish that you could be in there and experience a world where it seems like everything works out in the end or everything is so much fun or you could do so much. I know. I've read Harry Potter and just like every other fan, I'm still waiting for my letter from Hogwarts. It's nearly seven years too late.

Two arms wrapped around my waist and I automatically leaned into the embrace. "What are you thinking so hard about?" Luke asked, his breath tickling my ear and making butterflies erupt in my stomach. I didn't think they would ever go away. I didn't want them too.

With a dead serious face, I turned my head so I could look at Luke who was smirking, as usual. "Don't joke about it. It's a very serious, pressing issue," I replied, my voice stern and serious. There was nothing stern and serious about what I was going to say but I wanted to see Luke's reaction so I kept my serious expression.

Luke raised an eyebrow, the corners of his mouth curling into a suppressed smile. "Oh I'm very sorry. What is this serious, pressing issue that has your beautiful face frowning?" Luke asked again, and I nearly giggled but made sure to keep a straight face. I couldn't help the blush. No matter how much Luke complimented me in normal, casual conversation, I couldn't help but to blush. I was starting to think that he was just slotting them in wherever he could just to try and get me to blush.

"Don't try to sweet talk me Masters. It's not going to work. This is serious," I replied and Luke quickly but obviously smothered a smile.

"Okay okay, sorry Kitten. What are you thinking so seriously about?" Luke asked and with serious eyes and my mouth set in a straight line, I answered.

"Penguins."

The two of us burst out laughing and still smiling, Luke kissed me. It was quick, short, sweet, simple. It was so casual that it made my heart flutter.

"You're so weird Kitten," Luke chuckled and I let my head fall back till it was leaning against his chest and I was looking at his face upside down as he was looking at me. In that moment, everything seemed perfect.

Honestly, I wasn't sure whether Luke and I would last. School was nearly over, then there was summer and then I was off to college. I was in love with Luke, I knew that for sure. I loved being in a relationship with him even though it was much of a step from what had developed over the weeks during the wish but it was still so much better.

I was seventeen. I had my whole life ahead of me. At that point, not being with Luke was heart breaking but it was going to happen, I knew that. We wouldn't get married and grow old together. Neither of us know what that kind of love is but we're only seventeen, we don't need to. I was happy, he was happy, we were happy. That's all I wanted.

Luke kept one arm around my waist as we walked. Shauna waved at me from where her and Dylan were sitting with her head resting on his shoulder. They had gotten together but I knew they were going to. There was just something about the that had seemed so genuine during the wish but they had been interested in each other before that too. I guess they probably just felt a lot stronger about each other for reasons they can't explain.

I had realised something since the drama from the wish had died down. Alicia had said that only genuine things could survive the wish and that anything that she made would be forgotten. That was why Luke's feelings for me and my feelings for Luke were still there and why Luke remembered the wish. They were genuine and Alicia hadn't created them. It was all me and all Luke and that made me feel a whole lot better about our relationship.

Zach was back to being the nice guy. Him and Adam had their roles down perfectly. Adam charmed them and if they didn't like him or he broke their heart, Zach was right there. Adam liked the chase, Zach like being a sweet talking charmer. He's still cute and sweet and nice but he's not exactly the Zach from the wish. The Zach from the wish wanted a relationship but Zach, the real Zach, he's just like Adam. Maybe not as big a player and he's the nice player, the one that doesn't really break heart but he just doesn't want a relationship. Not right now.

Oh and Jordan and Crystal had gotten together. They deserved each other. It was going to take me a while to adjust to who they actually were as opposed to who I knew them as during the wish. I knew that they weren't actually the people in the wish but I couldn't get that image of them out of my head. Still, the captain of the football team and the head cheerleader.

I guess life just really is so cliche.

Played is now up, you can check it out on my profile. Alicia's back and causing more havoc with her wishes. Ellie's story continues with Luke and a few more awesome character that I hope you'll love. Please support Played like you did with Wished and I hope you enjoy!

A/N: Short chapter I know but it was just to try and tie everything up because IT'S FINISHED! I did it! I actually finished it! I never started this book with the intention of finishing it. I thought that it was going to be like one of my other projects where I got a few chapters in and then lost inspiration and started something else instead. I actually finished it!

Thank you so much to everyone who read this and who voted and commented. The support means so much to me and I'm so ecstatic that you like it enough to finish it. Thank you so so so much for reading!

Thank you thank you thank you to everyone! I'm so happy that this is finished even though it is bittersweet because I'm going to miss writing this story. But I'm Finished! I actually finished it!

Thank you again so much!

Vote Comment and Follow

Twixxy XX