Chapter 5 - Support

It was Monday morning and Nezu completed his normal routine, but remember to gather things for Izuku, just in case he needed them. Nezu headed over to UA with Izuku in his paws. He walked through the empty halls of the high school and entered his office. He placed the child on the couch in his office and sat in his seat. Nezu processed to do his paper work while Izuku studied him from afar.

Meanwhile with the babysitters, they were all on their way to school and met each other at the gates of UA. They came earlier than normal, since someone needed an explanation of Izuku's quirk that shouldn't be mentioned to anyone else.

"Oboro! It's nice to see you back after a week!" Tensei said as he slapped Oboro's back.

He squinted in pain. "Yeah, it's nice to see you too."

Nemuri laughed and exclaimed, "I can't wait to see Izuku! He's just the cutest."

"He totally is!" Agreed Hizashi.

Aizawa sighed. "Let's just go already."

They all walked into the empty school and made their way to Nezu's office. Once they entered the room, they saw Nezu doing his paper work and Izuku staring at him. The students waited near the door as they didn't want to disturb, but they had to get the chimera to notice them. Tensei fake coughed catching the principal's attention.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't see you there, but you can come forward." Nezu apologized.

They nodded and walked forward towards the desk.

"So, Oboro. I hear that you would also like to look after Izuku. Is that correct?" Nezu asked.

Oboro nodded. "Yes, if I could."

"Well that depends on the view you will have of Izuku once you find out his quirk."

"Aizawa said something similar, but doesn't he need to be four years old for him to develop his quirk?" Questioned Oboro.

Nezu sighed. "I will explain once the other teachers come."

Like on cue, all the teachers entered the office.

"Nezu, you called us for something?" Asked Lunch Rush.

"Yes, I have." Nezu said as he walked towards his son. "You see, I have chosen to adopt a child."

"WHAT!?" Yelled all of the UA staff, with their eyes forward, except Recovery Girl.

"Meet my little mouse, Izuku." Nezu introduced as he held up the child in his paws.

Hound dog questioned, "Nezu why do you all of a sudden want to adopt a child?"

Nezu answered, "I found this child outside UA on Friday and he was abandoned by his mother."

"How could his mother do such a thing?" Exclaimed Hizashi, since it was his first time hearing this, along with his friends.

"He wasn't abandoned because she wanted to do it. You see villains are after the child and he has no other family, since his father died one month before he was left here."

"Why would villains target the child?" Oboro asked the question all the staff (except Recovery Girl) had been thinking.

"He is a unique and special child. He has a IQ that could be higher than mine when he grows up an-"

Nezu was cut off thanks to the UA staff shouting, "WHAT!?"

Nezu sighed and repeated, "He might have a higher IQ than me when he is older."

"How is that possible?" Power Loader exclaimed.

"Can I continue?" Nezu said in a serious tone. They gulped and nodded, "Good. Now as I was saying. The child not only has a high IQ, the villains are after him because of his quirk. He was born with one. That was why I thought a hero should adopt him, but they are too busy with their duties, but there were heroes in UA and they could keep an eye on him and protect him."

There were gasps and eyes widened.

"He was born with one? What is his quirk? It should be pretty powerful if villains are after him, right?" asked Cementoss.

"Do you promise that you won't judge the child once you find out his quirk?" Nezu questioned.

Power Loader looked confused. "Why would we do that to the innocent bean?"

"Just promise." Nezu ordered.

"We promise." Everyone who didn't know his quirk said in unison.

"Good." Nezu explained, "His quirk is really dangerous if fallen in the wrong hands. It's a quirk called deletion and it can delete or erase a quirk... permanently. The only drawback is that he has to touch mutant quirk users to delete the quirk and it takes his energy. With other quirks that are not mutant, he just has to look at the target and then he can erase the quirk."

The room was silent. Dead silent, until Oboro spoke up.

"Well, now we have been warned on what he can do, but I still want to look after him. He's just a child and we heroes can teach him the right from wrong. Wait, doesn't he have high IQ? Well, even better! He would know what to do and I have noticed that he is wearing a bracelet. Is that a quirk canceling bracelet?"

Nezu nodded.

"Great! Now we know that it can't lose control. Anyway, we have Aizawa and what's so wrong with being a hero without a quirk? Aizawa has to fight quirkless, but that doesn't make him less cool! He has a bright future ahead and could be our greatest ally. We can take care of him and he will save many lives with that quirk. We just need to protect from falling into the wrong hands. So Nezu, my option of him will never change Nezu, and neither should anyone else's." Oboro lectured.

At the end of his speech, his friends clapped and so did the other UA staff. Some were moved to tears and others had tears forming in their eyes.

"Wonderful speech Oboro. You should quit becoming a hero and become a politician." Nemuri teased.

"Hey! You guys already knew this didn't you?"Oboro exclaimed.

Tensei nodded. "Yeah, but we didn't know that he was abandoned. We accept Izuku for who he is. Also, Aizawa also made that sort of speech, but it was not as emotional as yours though."

Oboro turned bright red, like a tomato once he realized what he just said the moments before, and grabbed Izuku from Nezu and cuddled with him in the corner, out of embarrassment. The group of friends laughed at the tomato in the corner and went over to comfort him, while the teachers talked to Nezu.

"Nezu, we also accept him and will protect him to the best of our ability when the time is needed." Lunch Rush stated, with every staff agreeing with him.

"Thank you very much for the support." Nezu thanked.

Once Oboro came out of the corner, he walked towards the teachers with his friends and Izuku giggling in his arms. When they reached the teachers, Oboro handed Izuku back to Nezu and Izuku gave his brightest smile.

Everyone in the empty UA high school thought of same thing.

'We will always protect this ball of sunshine no matter the cost.'