To the Sea of the Damned

The mysterious stranger waited until the entire crew as assembled and then indicated them to take a seat. When they all sat down around the fire, she spoke in a thick accent that none of them have heard before.

"Can you feel it? The ill wind blowin' from beyond the horizon... These wild waters, them call to me. They've seen much to chill the blood... A deep hunger... a heart of fire... But them always promise the freedom of the sea."

Estella and Jacob shared a look. They have met many strange fellas on the Sea of Thieves, but this was something new.

"Now though, a new danger is coming on the tides. Already, it changes this world to it's likin'. An' if what it whats can't be found, it will take... everythin'..."

"What's it's name?" Estella asked. "We can defeat it, me and my crew have faced countless enemies already and all where stronger than the last one." she proudly told.

The strange woman cracked a smile. She was amused that they thought they would be able to defeat this new danger all alone. "Mmm... The one who brought this ruin lie in iron below the ferryman, trapped for all forver in the Sea of the Damned." she said.

The Sea of the Damned. The place where pirates went when they died on the Sea of Thieves. But they didn't move on to the afterlife. Instead, they would find themselves in a dark and endless ocean, drifting away until the Ferry of the Damned came along to pick them up. The Ferryman, the strange and groumpy captain of this ferry, then judged your actions. If you were a good pirate, you will be sent back to the world of the living through a portal in the ferrys cabin. But if you posed a threat to the pirate's life, you will be denied passage and kept under deck for a while longer. Perhaps even for eternity.

"Nobody but it's captain may tread below the deck of that ship. That means to learn the truth with your own eyes, you'll have to stow away. But if the Ferryman, him catch you, your destiny might end there."

"Captain?" Jacob turned to Estella. "What do you say so far?"

His captain turned towards him. "I say we do it."

"But Captain, the world of the dead is no place for the living." Francois argued.

"I understand your concerns, Quartermaster. We will vote on this voyage once we have heard everything." she turned to the stranger. "Please continue."

"Then listen close! All you think you know about you life and death is only the beginning. With your hearts still beatin', you will see those cursed shores with new eyes... when you raise up the Flame of Souls! All I can do is show you the way..." The strange woman took out a small blue jar, and emptied the white powder in it into her right hand. She then rubbed the powwder in both of her hands and whispered some kind of spell. With a quick movment, she showed her left hand and a thin but high green flame eminated from it. She used the flame to create a portal over the fire and then pulled out a ship model from one the chest next to the rock where she was sitting on. The ship went into the portal and disappeared.

Not far away, the crew could see clouds forming in the sky and a similar portal opening up for them.

"I travelled to another world, an' now you will do the same..." the stranger said, giving Estella a book. "Take these words. If you read them right, them whisper what has been - and what is yet to be. Whispers to help you save a pirate's life... Now make sail! The door is open. The prisoner is waiting. And our time is tricklin' away...

The crew of the Royal Fortune assembled on the dock. "Oy, Captain?" William asked. "Are you sure you want to go... to the land of the dead?"

"Aye, the ferryman wouldn't keep the pirate locked up if he wasn't a threat." Jacob agreed.

"But you heard ye' lady. We have to save him." Abby spoke up.