𝙹𝚎𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚎

━━━━━━ • ♕︎ • ━━━━━━

"JISOO..." JENNIE CALLED in a small voice. "I want to run away from home" The book in Jisoo's hand fell down at Jennie's statement. Both of them were in Jennie's room. "What!?" Jisoo shrieked. "You'll pass your exams, cheer up! I know how, let's get you an interesting hair colour. Actually no, her majesty will kill me. We can at least change your nail polish. Black or purple?"

"It's not that" Jennie sighed, closing the books she was studying. "I want to act and this time, I won't come back" Jisoo hummed, understanding Jennie. "But running away?" Both of the girls fell into a tensed silence. A deep sigh left Jisoo's lips. "You study now"

♕︎

"I'm going to send this doctor back" Seokjin heard his mother's irritated voice. He immediately kept his files away, giving the complete attention to his mother. "Is she even a doctor? She's always jumping around or chatting. She keeps talking to Jennie and doesn't let her study. Always interferes in everything"

Apparently, the queen had seen Jennie and Jisoo talking in the Princess' room.

"But, dad looks really happy" Seokjin noted, trying to calm his fuming mom. "That's exactly why I haven't sent her back yet" The queen muttered, exhaling deeply. A quiet chuckle left his lips.

Dr. Trouble is in trouble!

♕︎

"I really had fun today" The king laughed in between his heavy breaths. They'd played run and chase today, with Jisoo pushing the king's wheel chair, chasing the servants. "Life can still be fun, Jaechul uncle" Jisoo said. "But, you just don't allow yourself"

Crouching down to the king's sitting level, Jisoo placed a hand over his. "Jaechul uncle, I know what happened 10 years ago. It's not your fault. Jiyoung...it was destiny. It wasn't your fault. You're still holding onto that incident. Let it go. Otherwise moving ahead will be really difficult-"

The king removed her hand over his, before  silently gesturing Yoongi to take him away. The look on the king's face was murderous. Jisoo shared a short eye contact with Yoongi, who'd a pitiful look in his eyes. A heavy breath left Jisoo's lips.

Things are going to be more difficult now...

︎♕︎

"Dr. Kim" The queen said. "We've never mentioned that incident for 10 years. So, what made you bring it up now?"

"He's my patient, your majesty" Jisoo's voice was steady and calm. "Half his problem is his guilt. If he can face it, then there's a lot of scope for improvement. Maybe, he can walk again" A scoff left the queen's lips. "No need to give Jaechul false expectations, doctor" The queen raised his voice higher, and the prince placed a hand on his mother to calm her. "We left no stone unturned in his care and we never will"

But Jisoo didn't even flinch. "I'm his doctor, your majesty. I cannot lose hope of him getting better again. You're not convinced, I understand. But as long as I'm here, I'll do the best I can"

With that, Jisoo stormed out of the living room. She exhaled deeply after she was in a safe distance from the mother and son duo. "Calm down, Jichu, calm down"

"Yoongi" Jisoo heard the king's voice from outside that had her sprinting to him. "Jisoo, jisoo-" Yoongi tried to stop her, but she was fast. "Move, Yoongi. I want to talk to my patient"

Jisoo approached the king, caging him by holding onto the wheel chair tightly. "You can't run, so you'll have to listen to me. Maybe I'm just another doctor for you, but for me, my patients are not just my job. If you're stubborn, then so am I"

Yoongi smiled slightly, impressed with Jisoo. "What does this mean that you don't want to get well?" Jisoo continued. "If you don't want to get well, then why call me? Look, you've another son and a daughter. At least, try for their sake. I understand that the queen is not an easy woman to live with. But what else can the poor woman do? She has to handle everything and you're having an affair with this chair. You're living with a 10 year old story, your majesty! As long as I'm here, I'll wait for you until 11 o'clock every morning. Now you may go"

Turning away, Jisoo stormed back to her room. She wanted to talk to her mother.

♕︎

"Call, Dr. Manoban" The queen said to the prince, after the doctor stormed out of the living room. "Mom!" She ignored her son's protest. "Give me the phone!"

Seokjin paced back and forth, as his mother dialled Dr. Manoban's number. "Why would I call if it isn't urgent? He's out of town? When is he coming back?" He'd seem his mother's irritation and frustration with Jisoo, that she was taking out on the poor person on the phone.

But a familiar figure caught his attention. Jisoo was storming towards his father. Yoongi had tried to stop her but she'd successfully managed to make his father stop. Leaving his mother, Seokjin sprinted towards them, before hiding behind a bush to listen in.

After a long moment, Jisoo stormed away and Seokjin stepped towards his father, who was breathing heavily and looked like he was on the verge of breakdown. "She's right, dad" Seokjin whispered, placing a hand on his father's shoulder. "If Jiyoung was alive, he too would've said the same thing"

That was all it took for his father to explode. He watched his dad breaking down in tears, that brought tears in him. Even Yoongi's eyes were filled with unshed tears.

Seokjin didn't say anything. Hee stayed with his father but his eyes were on Jisoo's bedroom window.

He was thankful...

︎♕︎

"I think I said too much" Jisoo told her mother, through the video call. "No, no, you did the right thing" Her mom assured her.

"These people never talk to each other" Jisoo said, lying down on the bed. "Anyway, forget it. What's done is done. So, tell me, what's happening?"

"You tell me!" Her mom teased. "How's the prince?"

"He's a royal bore" Jisoo scoffed. "Actually, he's a little sweet too. I called him a frog" A smile carved on her mother's lips. "He'll have a change of heart. Note it!"

"Jiji, you've a one track mind" Jisoo scowled. "Have fun, bye" Ending the call, Jisoo layed down in a fetal position. Her thoughts moving back to what she'd just told her mom about the prince, a small smile on her lips.

He is sweet...

︎♕︎

The next day, Jisoo waited for the king to arrive. Time passed but there was no sight of the king and to kill time, she was playing chess - alone.

One hour.

Two hours.

Three hours.

"The knight moves to E4" Jisoo's head turned abruptly to the king, who was moving the chess piece. "Check and mate"

A squeal left Jisoo's lips. She jumped up from her seat and broke into a dance of excitement. She didn't even know what she was doing at the moment. She gave Yoongi a high five before hugging the king. "Thank you..."

About time...

━━━━━━ • ♕︎ • ━━━━━━

Good morning everyone :) Have a nice day♡ Thank you for your support. Vote and comment please♥