6: Wrigley Field.

Y/n's pov

Ferris, Cameron, Sloan and I were seated in the Wrigley field stand where we watched the baseball game.

Sloan was seated next to Cameron and I was next to Ferris.

For as long as I could remember, Sloan always had a thing for Cameron, and for as long as Ferris could remember, Cameron had a thing for Sloan.

They were showing that now by Cameron tickling Sloan, which inevitably turned into a full-blown tickle war between the two.

Ferris leaned over slightly.

"They definitely have a thing for each other." He whispered in my ear.

"Definitely. It's inevitable!" I whisper shouted, smiling at him, my face centimetres from his.

He chuckled and nodded, staring into my eyes with a grin.

Just then, the ball was hit towards us at a startling speed and everyone stood up.

It was headed right for my face, but just a fraction of a second before it hit my face and possibly gave me brain damage, Ferris reached out in front of me, and caught it.

"Jesus, y/n!" Cameron said with wide eyes.

"Just an inch closer and it would have broken your nose!" Sloan said, wearing an expression not unlike Cameron's.

"But it didn't." I said, taking a deep shaky breath.

"Thank you." I said, turning to Ferris, who was examining his hand and slightly wincing in pain.

We stared at each other for a moment, before I launched myself on him in a hug.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and we stayed like that for a second before Cameron let out an awkward "ehem."

I pulled away and we all began to sit back down.

"Whoooooo!" Cameron hooted as we took our seats, completely forgetting about the situation.

"I think I broke my thumb." Ferris said, looking at the hand he had caught the ball with.

"Yeah, by saving my face from a major collision." I grinned.

"Well, it's for a good cause." Ferris said with a chuckle.

"Thank you." I said softly, reaching my hand up to his face and kissing his cheek.

I sat back and watched the game but Ferris stayed frozen for a second, his hand holding the spot where my lips had made contact with his skin.

Cameron whacked him on the arm and he snapped out of it, still with a big smile.

"Hey, batter, batter, batter, batter, swIng batter!" Cameron chanted.

"Come on." He urged Ferris.

"Hey, batter, batter, batter, batter, swIng batter!" They chanted in unison.

"He can't hit, he can't hit, he can't hit, he can't hit, swIng batter!" Cameron said quickly.

Sloan giggled at his silliness.

"Cameron, do you realize if we played by the rules, right now we'd be in gym class." Ferris said.

The two boys started laughing while I stole some of Ferris's food and Sloan sat there, writing something down and looking bored as ever.

Word count: 486