4: Do you want to get married?

(Y/n's point of view)

The next place we went was the Chicago board of trade.

It was probably the loudest place I've ever been to, with all the traders making hand signals and yelling.

Cameron was sitting in a chair, trying to copy some of the ones he saw, and doing some weird random ones as well,making Sloan laugh.

Ferris turned to me.

"Do you want to get married?" Ferris asked me with the most dead serious look I've ever seen.

"Yeah, Ferris. Let's get married." I said sarcastically.

"Today?" He asked, even more seriously.

I laughed and playfully rolled my eyes.

"I'm serious." He said.

"I'm not getting married, Ferris." I said.

"Why not?" He asked.

"What do you mean, 'why not?' Think about it." I said.

"Well, no, besides being too young, having no place to live, and you feeling a little bit weird about being the only student with a husband, give me one good reason." Ferris said.

"I'll give you two, my mother and my father." Cameron butted in, luckily. "They're married and they hate each other. You've seen them, am I right?"

"So what?" Ferris asked, glaring at him.

"Well, it's like that car. He loves the car, he hates his wife." Cameron explained.

Cameron made a weird dripping noise while Ferris glared at him and I then realized that sloane had been smirking at me the entire conversation.

She wiggled her eyebrows at me, then looked at Ferris.

I just shook my head at her, blushed red and looked down.

—-

We walked up the stairs to a fancy restaurant called Chez Quis.

I honestly had no idea what we, three seventeen year olds and a sixteen year old, were doing in a fancy restaurant like this.

We walked in and Ferris immediately started to look through the reservation book, checking to make sure no one was looking.

He put the book back down right before a waiter came over to us.

"Hello, may I help you?" The man asked with a snobby voice.

"You can sure as hell try." Ferris responded with a smile as I nudged him in the side.

Now was not the time to be a smart ass.

"Hi, I'm Abe Froman, party of four for 12:00." He said with another big smile.

Ferris gave the man some money, but the waiter just scoffed and lazily tossed the crumpled bill on the counter.

"Is there a problem?" So-called 'Abe' asked.

"You're Abe Froman?" The waiter asked with his eyebrows raised.

"That's right. I'm Abe Froman." Ferris said, flashing a bright smile.

God, he's cute.

"The sausage king of Chicago?" The man asked, still suspicious.

Ferris's face dropped for a split second, before he continued to smile and play it off like he was actually Abe Froman.

"Yeah, that's me." He said.

"Listen, young man, entre nous, I'm very busy here. Why don't you take the kids and go back to the clubhouse?" The snobby man said.

We all shared offended faces.

"Are you suggesting that I'm not who I say I am?" Ferris asked, with his fake look of offence.

"I'm suggesting that you leave before I have to get snooty." The waiter said.

"Snooty?" Ferris asked, a bit confused.

"Snotty." The man explained.

"Snotty?" Ferris asked, once again taking fake offence.

"Okay, Abe." Cameron finally said."Let's go."

"No. I'm not going anywhere. No, we'd like to be seated." Ferris said.

"Listen, young man. Either you take the field trip outside, or I'm going to have to call the police." The waiter said,

"The po- you're gonna call the police on me?" Ferris asked.

"Yes."  The man replied.

"Fine! As a matter of fact, I'll call them myself." Ferris said, picking up the phone.

"Yes. Call the police. This'll be a hoot." The man scoffed.

Ferris started to dial a number on the phone.

"Here, give me the phone. I have another call." The man said with his hand out.

"No." Ferris said.

"I've had enough of this horsing around. Give me the phone back." The man said, reaching for the phone.

Ferris yanked the phone away from him and covered the speaker.

"You touch me, I yell, rat!" Ferris said menacingly.

"There's another phone around here somewhere, find it." Ferris told the man.

"Wonderful." The waiter said sarcastically.

"I weep for the future." He commented, walking away.

"Okay, Ferris, can we just please let this go?" Cameron pleaded.

"Yeah Ferris, you've gone too far. Your gonna get busted!" I said, grabbing onto his arm.

Sloane nodded in agreement.

"A: you can never go too far. B: if I'm gonna get busted, it's not gonna be by a guy like that." Ferris said.

"Come on, 'Abe'." Cameron persisted.

Ferris quickly handed me the phone.

"Ask for Abe Froman." He instructed me.

"Chez quis, bonjour." Said the snooty man from before.

"May I speak to Abe Froman?" I asked.

The man hadn't heard my voice, so I could speak normally.

"The sausage king of Chicago?" I finished.

"Abe Froman? Okay let me check the restaurant. Could you describe him for me, please?" The man asked.

"Leather jacket, white t-shirt, sweater vest, beautiful face, cool hair, pretty eyes- he's devastatingly handsome." I said in my most professional secretary voice.

"Well," Ferris whispered modestly, smiling down at me, his face mere inches from mine, and mine burning quite noticeably.

"Hold on a moment." The man said.

Word count: 911