Chapter 23 : Asleep

Start from the beginning

"You may visit once, that's it, Laqueta wouldn't want you to see her in such a sorry state." the woman spoke. Rose looked at the group that would eventually lead to her death, she wondered what they were feeling.

"Alright. Can we visit her right now?" Edward asked, Rose looked at the boy, he looked so fragile at that moment.

"You may, just don't disturb anyone else there." The woman waved them off, Axel quickly made a portal to the Main entrance of the Adria Estate. The girl followed before the portal could close. They walked up to the door, knocking once and immediately got an answer.

"You're majesty." A maid bowed, opening the door more to let them in.

"Lady Adria has allowed us to Visit Laqueta, please lead us." Axel ordered, the maid nodded, she went up the stairs and took a turn to Laqueta's room, and there she was, asleep. Rose looked at herself, surprised that she was still alive.

"You may leave." Axel ordered the maid; she swiftly left the room, bowing.

The group walked up to the bed, there rested Laqueta, expressionless as ever, barely moving. Rose still couldn't enter.

"Wake up." Cullen coldly spoke, the girl did not have a reaction. He headed over closer grabbing her hand, it was freezing.

"Gah." Cullen let go, the cold seemed to be burning him in some way. He turned to the girl, eyes still closed, not even a reaction. 

"Aryton, you go wake her up." The white haired boy ordered, Arytone was confused, he looked at the girl, sleeping peacefully, does he really have to wake her up?

"Wake up." Aryton spoke, a cold tone and expression. He poke the girl's hand a bit, a bit surprised on how cold she was with several layers of blankets. Rose stared at them, why were they trying to her wake up, she floated around the room.

did they develop a soft spot of little old me? Poor children don't know their fate. The girl floated around smirking, until she got bored of watching them.

This is boring, they aren't going to help me anyway, I'm going back to taking a nap. Rose rolled moved her hair out of her face and left once again to the field.

---

1 day later. 

Rose opened her eyes, she looked down at her hands, they were still translucent but it seemed that she wasn't in the field anymore but, instead at the castle, and there in front of her was a woman. 

Ah... it's the prince's mother. The translucent girl looked at the woman, she was beautiful, I guess it only makes sense since Cullen is a capture target for the heroine.

"You can't even wake up a girl from a nap, how useless can you be?" The woman spoke. 

"I don't remember raising such a useless child

"I don't remember raising such a useless child." she countinued, Rose could only watch.

"..." the white haired boy averted his gaze from his mother and to the floor., clutching his fist. Poor thing, Laqueta floated over, she knew she couldn't do anything, and she knew she didn't know him well but, in the end, they are all human. Cullen stayed quiet, keeping his mouth shut, Rose looked at his face, surprised to see it. The face that Rose made a lot in her past lives, and expression that only a person would make to hold back their tears. He looked up only to see a face of digust from his mother.